IGNORED

Scott murray

frenchred

I am stealing this from a Twitter feed unashamedly;

Breaking from the negativity surrounding us at thw moment (and I am part of it!)

If ever a guy deserved a testimonial then it's him! Always has a happy factor about him, a true servant to our club and a great ambassador! How do we go about it? Ant ideas?

15 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Breaking from the negativity surrounding us at thw moment (and I am part of it!)

If ever a guy deserved a testimonial then it's him! Always has a happy factor about him, a true servant to our club and a great ambassador! How do we go about it? Ant ideas?

Play for the club for ten years without a gap.

16 minutes ago, frenchred said:

suggest we contact Vincent tan.

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Play for the club for ten years without a gap.

Carey wasn't at the club for 10 years without a gap, but had something like 18 seasons with the club and went on to be our record appearance holder. A hypothetical someone who was around for 10 seasons on the dot and then left would be more deserving? Doherty as an example was around for 9 and made 189 appearances (according to wikipedia), hypothetically chuck an extra 40 odd appearances on that for an extra season to make 10 seasons. 239 appearances against Scott's 354 or Carey's total?

I appreciate the without a gap shows loyalty but doesn't always demonstrate how often they played, I feel an appearance milestone would be more representative.   

10 minutes ago, hodge said:

Carey wasn't at the club for 10 years without a gap, but had something like 18 seasons with the club and went on to be our record appearance holder. A hypothetical someone who was around for 10 seasons on the dot and then left would be more deserving? Doherty as an example was around for 9 and made 189 appearances (according to wikipedia), hypothetically chuck an extra 40 odd appearances on that for an extra season to make 10 seasons. 239 appearances against Scott's 354 or Carey's total?

I appreciate the without a gap shows loyalty but doesn't always demonstrate how often they played, I feel an appearance milestone would be more representative.   

Fully aware of all that.  Was answering the question 'what needs to be done to get a testimonial?'

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Fully aware of all that.  Was answering the question 'what needs to be done to get a testimonial?'

Sorry didn't realise that was the actual requirement, thought it was answering with an opinion. Does seem restrictive given some of the players we've had.

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

Sorry didn't realise that was the actual requirement, thought it was answering with an opinion. Does seem restrictive given some of the players we've had.

No worries.  Players have less loyalty nowadays so I find myself giving less back.  If he gets one then fine but I don't really care either way.  

Archived