IGNORED

Joey Barton

Welcome To The Jungle

From BBC

Joey Barton has been charged for misconduct in relation to betting, the Football Association announces.

It is alleged that between 26 March 2006 and 13 May 2016, the midfielder placed 1,260 bets on the result, progress, conduct or any other aspect of, or occurrence in, football matches or competitions in breach of FA Rule E8.

He has until 5 January 2017 to respond to the charge.

The mind boggles

19 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

i'm sure you right Bill, but unfortunately in life you get punished for getting caught and not for the crime and apparently Joey is highly intelligent, I was always told the clever ones don't get caught.

He's hardly the first intelligent person ( I know he's not liked, but he's no thicko) get caught out is he. Many a high profile person has been caught out.

35 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

For real? What sort of shambolic justice is that?

31 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Would it be a more harsh punishment because the Frome guy was betting on his own side? Bit of a difference even if it is.

I ain't condoning it, I think Joey is a great player, would love him here, he's got a huge past but yeah, over 1000 games and not one of his own games? I've never placed a bet once but over a thousand times, that's some habit

3 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

I ain't condoning it, I think Joey is a great player, would love him here, he's got a huge past but yeah, over 1000 games and not one of his own games? I've never placed a bet once but over a thousand times, that's some habit

Like I said above, the one match ban was only concerned with 44 bets from last year so they might not have involved his own teams. The other 1000+ however..........

I find it hard to believe too.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

The one match ban was a Scottish FA one for him placing 44 bets between July & September last year. The punishment for the rest of the 1000 odd has yet to be decided.

Correct and don't the SFA have a zero tolerance policy on players betting on SFA games?, why is that not in force in England? and then everybody knows what's what with no grey areas.

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

I think he's a fairly intelligent bloke.

A bit hot headed now and then but that doesn't detract from his intelligence.

As a footballer I'd have him here in a heartbeat, just what we need on the pitch - a leader who can drive a team forward, something we are missing.

Him and Tomlin in the same side would be `interesting`

31 minutes ago, cynic said:

I think he's a fairly intelligent bloke.

A bit hot headed now and then but that doesn't detract from his intelligence.

As a footballer I'd have him here in a heartbeat, just what we need on the pitch - a leader who can drive a team forward, something we are missing.

Granted he is a step up from the norm, but wouldn't want him here, too much baggage, not worth it.

Archived