IGNORED

Confused?

John Galley

We shed goals game after game and yet we have a now fit Swedish international and a young England international defender who can't even get on the bench let alone in the side. We are short of goals from forwards and yet we have a Swedish international striker that gets on the bench but not in the side. Something just doesn't add up?

Maybe they are actually worse than those already playing?

Ekstrand looked totally unfit in the only game he started, & I cannot see Engvall improving us at present but where was Moore today?

If LJ is going to keep ignoring Golbourne (and that is going so well, isn't it?) then it would be worth giving Hordur a go in the position he now plays for Iceland (LB) and Moore partnering Flint.

36 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Maybe they are actually worse than those already playing?

Ekstrand looked totally unfit in the only game he started, & I cannot see Engvall improving us at present but where was Moore today?

If LJ is going to keep ignoring Golbourne (and that is going so well, isn't it?) then it would be worth giving Hordur a go in the position he now plays for Iceland (LB) and Moore partnering Flint.

I agree with most of what you say, the problem is they are all LJ's signings (including Golbourne according to a very well known ITK on here) over 4 mils on the bench today and Moore and Golbourne 2 players who would take that total well over 5 mil not even in the squad, that is a lot of money for us to spend bit part players who aren't even getting their bit parts at the moment.

Can BCFC really afford to spend this amount on players and constantly leave them out?, especially in a team that is at present a soft touch?.

it is confusing.

6 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I agree with most of what you say, the problem is they are all LJ's signings (including Golbourne according to a very well known ITK on here) over 4 mils on the bench today and Moore and Golbourne 2 players who would take that total well over 5 mil not even in the squad, that is a lot of money for us to spend bit part players who aren't even getting their bit parts at the moment.

Can BCFC really afford to spend this amount on players and constantly leave them out?, especially in a team that is at present a soft touch?.

it is confusing.

Golbourne wasn't an LJ signing EMB, he was brought in by Pemberton soon after SC was sacked.

Which is the only reason I can explain as to why he is out of favour. 

Maybe the problem is that in none of our defeats have we been so comprehensively outplayed that LJ has totally lost faith in his tactics or selections. I've not seen every match...but I've seen a fair few defeats and we've not been comprehensively outplayed in any of them. In truth we've been unlucky...but fragile...lacking in the ruthlessness to finish a side off...and hence likely to let them back into a match. I'm thinking away matches in south Yorkshire. Sounds as though today was another of those performances. 

In those circumstances I guess it would be natural to hope that things will come good. Let's hope they do...

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Golbourne wasn't an LJ signing EMB, he was brought in by Pemberton soon after SC was sacked.

Which is the only reason I can explain as to why he is out of favour. 

Not according to a so called 'highly respected' ITK on this forum who told me directly on this forum within a week of LJ being given the BCFC job that LJ had told the board to sign him and that he had been directly involved in the signing (even though he was still the Barnsley manager at the time) and I challenged him over this as being BS but nobody else at the time did, so I assumed everybody believed him.

Archived