IGNORED

if

boss hogg

I don't think we would know enough to judge.

Here we are on a project - projects invariably have failures at the start and plans have to change - new ideas, new personnel etc. The Project Manager is not normally one of the early casualties and is normally given sensible time to recover any early issues particularly if it is an ambitious project like ours.

So - if the team is looking for instant success then maybe LJ would be gone at another club but not here - not yet - and very rightly  so IMHO !!

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

Here we are on a project - projects invariably have failures at the start and plans have to change - new ideas, new personnel etc. The Project Manager is not normally one of the early casualties and is normally given sensible time to recover any early issues particularly if it is an ambitious project like ours.

So - if the team is looking for instant success then maybe LJ would be gone at another club but not here - not yet - and very rightly  so IMHO !!

Stop talking sense, you're ruining it for the others!!

I don't think it's an 'if' question as he had a worse losing run at Barnsley and 'no' they didn't sack him.

better question in my opinion is...

Had he been here for 2 years and we were in this current run would he be sacked?

Which I believe would be an overwhelming yes!

Is it different given the fact he has only been here 10 months and was recently given an extended contract, absolutely!

6 minutes ago, Neo said:

I think most would be happy with avoiding instant failure.

27 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

Put it this way,  I don't think Norwich are expecting to see what happens for much longer. 

You aren't comparing us to Norwich surely? 

Now they are under performing , with their budget/ squad etc they should be top 6 minimum .

11 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

I think most would be happy with avoiding instant failure.

Agreed - but instant failure is not what we have? We started the season extremely well but have hit the buffers in a bad way.

I would concede he has to go if we have not turned things around by end of Jan or early Feb but he has to be given another window to tinker.

I hope he and MA are very clear in what they want and will do everything to achieve and our fortunes will change. Let's be honest we have had torrid luck as well as patches of poor play !!

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

Agreed - but instant failure is not what we have? We started the season extremely well but have hit the buffers in a bad way.

I would concede he has to go if we have not turned things around by end of Jan or early Feb but he has to be given another window to tinker.

I hope he and MA are very clear in what they want and will do everything to achieve and our fortunes will change. Let's be honest we have had torrid luck as well as patched of poor play !!

Torrid luck or not, taken as a  whole we are failing. Of course we started well and thank goodness we did, but this was very much thanks to Abraham's goals, which helped enormously to disguise the fact that we were not really playing that well.. Since then we have been increasingly "found out" by other teams.

LJ appears tactically inept. All clubs do their research on the opposition and as a consequence may adjust their game accordingly. I presume we do the same, yet we seem to be the exact opposite and keep setting up the same way, with the same formation and with the same result.

His tactics may make sense on power point or a flipchart, but they don't look so good on the pitch every week.

3 hours ago, Neo said:

I hope he and MA are very clear in what they want and will do everything to achieve and our fortunes will change. Let's be honest we have had torrid luck as well as patches of poor play !!

I am happy that we've bought in Holden to spread the coaching load and enable more one on one time for improving our players and I would also favour bringing in an old head , like Joe Jordan ,who could help LJ without undermining him .

It is clear that we need a bit more savvy at the club , even LJ is a young inexperienced coach .

12 hours ago, Neo said:

Playing devils advocate Neo (I have real concerns about LJ but wouldn't be rushing into changing ATM)

But

Wasnt the whole idea of our new world and project that the Head Coach could be replaced (If and when he departed for any reason) without changing the plan , 'seamlessly' in theory ( a la Swansea..... when they were roaring along nicely !!! )

Just a thought 

12 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

His tactics may make sense on power point or a flipchart, but they don't look so good on the pitch every week.

Those flipcharts and power points are fascinating though.  Has he mentioned "Bomb Alley", the "Corridor of Confusion" or the "Individual Brilliance zone" yet?

I am not sure about reading the coaching manual, he swallowed it whole. :whistle:

1 hour ago, redsfan said:

Those flipcharts and power points are fascinating though.  Has he mentioned "Bomb Alley", the "Corridor of Confusion" or the "Individual Brilliance zone" yet?

I am not sure about reading the coaching manual, he swallowed it whole. :whistle:

Yes, someone on here posted details of the very same a while back. Can't say I'm impressed or taken in by it, having spent a working lifetime being regularly bombarded by management bs by "those on the way up"!

However, corridor of confusion seems to worryingly appropriate at the moment!

1 hour ago, redsfan said:

I think there may be some confusion here as I am led to believe the 'corridor of confusion' is the players pet name for the bit of corridor by the board , where the side and formation is posted each week prior to the game

;)

:mf_sleep:

Archived