IGNORED

BCFC Championship managers

ashton_fan

There is much speculation about whether LJ is good enough as a Championship manager. That got me thinking, how many 'good' managers have we had at second tier level since the days of Alan Dicks? Not may it would seem with the obvious exception of LJ's dad Gary who has the best record by far since those days under AD. Apart from him though the only managers to be in charge for a whole season were Russel Osman (1 season) and Keith Millen (1 season). Jimmy Lumsden did nearly one season when Joe Jordan left after the first game. The managers who didn't last a complete season: Bob Houghton, Denis Smith, Jimmy Lumsden, Joe Jordan (2nd time), Benny L, John Ward, Steve Coppell, Derek McInnes, SO'D and Cotts (some of those got the club relegated rather than were sacked, but didn't complete a season nevertheless).

Looking at those stats LJ had better pull his finger out soon, however much SL loves the Johnsons he did sack his dad in the end!

Unfortunately Big Joe left us first time around. I believe that we would have done well if he had stayed. We had the makings of a very good side. 

GJ came good for us after a good clear out of the trouble makers who had taken the p*** out of Tins. He also had a hell of a lot of luck in the season that we lost out in the playoff final. I will never forget the genuine fear on the faces of Gasheads who believed that the club who had only been around since 1982 were within 90 minutes of the Premiership. Genuinely mortified at the prospect. No wonder they worship Windass now!

SC will always be the complete mystery to me. I have never been so proud to be City supporter than I was when we stormed League One. All he had to do was to change to 4-4-2 and get a couple of January signings in and he would have still been in charge of City today! Crazy suicidal management. The most bizarre collapse that I have ever seen in football management.

Alan Dicks built a squad in a totally different era those who never grew up watching the best balanced City team i have ever enjoyed watching really did miss out this current mob are a shambles,under Dicks the players were put in their best positions knew what was expected of them and knew each others game inside out you could pick the side barring injuries week after week.

Gary Johnson did strike lucky but created a great connection with the fan's getting the whole ground bouncing around with a atmosphere that frightened and intimidated  a lot of away sides also the style of play was much more entertaining proper fullbacks and wingers there were players you could watch even if City lost ok it went sour but it was one hell of a ride !

O'Dismal put the club back years i lost an interest in City that has never been got back never wanted him here in the first place always overated and full of bullsh#t , apart from Steve Cotterill and that wonder season in league 1 its the same old club once back in the Championship the wheels come off the plans go out of the window. Persist with players who clearly aren't good enough in positions they can't play in still can't beat Wolves even if they put a team of 80 year olds out..

Yesterdays collapse like the Preston North End and Brentford loss is repeated time and again like gifting Huddersfield Town their winner it might not be pretty but a Gary Rowett style manager would at least give more hope .

Archived