IGNORED

Taylor Moore

GrahamC

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of why he wasn't in yesterday's squad?

That nonsense someone said about being out on loan clearly wasn't true, as the window doesn't open until next week.

Maybe Matthews wasn't 100% fit but even if that was the case LJ has preferred him to Little as cover of late.

Just seemed an odd selection as he hasn't featured recently so surely he wasn't dropped?

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of why he wasn't in yesterday's squad?

That nonsense someone said about being out on loan clearly wasn't true, as the window doesn't open until next week.

Maybe Matthews wasn't 100% fit but even if that was the case LJ has preferred him to Little as cover of late.

Just seemed an odd selection as he hasn't featured recently so surely he wasn't dropped?

I just hope the lad hasn't got fed up. He's clearly highly rated, England captain at U19 level. In the squad of a team which are on a poor run of form, conceding goals and he can't get in the team. Just hope an agent or anyway else is talking to him above cutting his losses here.yet be frustrating for the lad

Big issue I have is we have spent about 5.5mill on Moore, engvall and o'dowda and neither can get any playing time. The point of developing players is to play them to improve them. At that value, they should be of a reasonable quality to play at our level, and if we are losing anyway, why not give them a chance?

42 minutes ago, daored said:

I just hope the lad hasn't got fed up. He's clearly highly rated, England captain at U19 level. In the squad of a team which are on a poor run of form, conceding goals and he can't get in the team. Just hope an agent or anyway else is talking to him above cutting his losses here.yet be frustrating for the lad

He wasn't regularly featuring in the French second division last season, a standard probably lower than the Championship - he'll get his time.

6 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Feel bad for the kid.  What did we say to him in the summer to tempt him to Ashton Gate?

I bet we said nothing about him barely playing at all for the team.

Is he really that bad in training?

14 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Big issue I have is we have spent about 5.5mill on Moore, engvall and o'dowda and neither can get any playing time. The point of developing players is to play them to improve them. At that value, they should be of a reasonable quality to play at our level, and if we are losing anyway, why not give them a chance?

It's only December - be patient. Plenty of time for him and the other young players.

20 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

It's always said that when you're on a run like we are, you shouldn't bring in the kids.  I tend to agree with that.  Despite the gloom merchants on OTIB at the moment, the margins between winning and losing are very slight (nearly all our defeats are by a single goal, and certainly the luck is against us at the moment).  We just need one scrappy, lucky win to turn this around for the confidence to return and the I think we'll see more if what we were getting at the start of the season.  We are talking about the same players, after all.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

It's always said that when you're on a run like we are, you shouldn't bring in the kids.  I tend to agree with that.  Despite the gloom merchants on OTIB at the moment, the margins between winning and losing are very slight (nearly all our defeats are by a single goal, and certainly the luck is against us at the moment).  We just need one scrappy, lucky win to turn this around for the confidence to return and the I think we'll see more if what we were getting at the start of the season.  We are talking about the same players, after all.

The next game has all the hallmarks of that scrappy, lucky win.  Maybe then, after some of the belief has returned, we'll get a confident, surprisingly good performance against Reading.

And then, back on topic, Moore will play the FA cup game, and hopefully impress everyone watching.

Big squad, sometimes you won't make the bench. The rumour about Moore on loan was because people don't read articles but they read headlines. McCoulskey and Moore on loan to Torquay. It was an article titled that when read from any source not bcfc as they were announced simultaneously. The Moore in question was Kiefer who was being loaned from forest green. When I read the headline I was shocked that we were sending our 1.5m signing to the conference. Then I opened it and saw it wasn't our Moore. Amazing how I got that info by clicking the link and not assuming. 

Anyway, yea sometimes you won't make the bench. I love the look of Moore and he's a clear talent. Part of me thinks(hopes) that we are coaching all these youth up and not exposing them to the pressure yet so we can get the best from them. Teach them all the little tricks of the trade then unleash a squad of young athletic footballers. Probably unlikely but I doubt the club invested in them without a plan. I still trust that part of the program. Just need to see the main XI get out of this rut. I'm sure it will happen though. We may not have the best championship squad but these results aren't who we are either. 

Archived