IGNORED

Swansea manager GONE

Never to the dark side

Swansea will be relegated this season, and I can't bloody wait.  I hate Swansea, mainly for the memory they gave me of Brian Tinnion defeated and broken in their away dug out.

I want to live in a world again where we are above Swansea.  I've got my fingers and toes crossed it will be next season.

Their decision to sack Monk early last season looks more bizarre with every passing month.

5 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Swansea will be relegated this season, and I can't bloody wait.  I hate Swansea, mainly for the memory they gave me of Brian Tinnion defeated and broken in their away dug out.

I want to live in a world again where we are above Swansea.  I've got my fingers and toes crossed it will be next season.

Their decision to sack Monk early last season looks more bizarre with every passing month.

Just to point out that "bizarre" decision was made after a run of 1 win in 11 which left Swansea in 15th place - about three-quarters of the way down the league. Remind you of anyone?

Given the current mood on here, I don't think we can claim it to be that bizarre.

15 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Don't reddog

Remember the Jacks still have nightmares how we demolished them at the Vetch 5-0 in Terry Yoraths first game as manager

If conceding five without repost wasn't bad enough they let Chris Honour score !!!

Yes...... Chris Honour 

;)

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don't reddog

Remember the Jacks still have nightmares how we demolished them at the Vetch 5-0 in Terry Yoraths first game as manager

If conceding five without repost wasn't bad enough they let Chris Honour score !!!

Yes...... Chris Honour 

;)

Bobcat Bob would've said "Chris Honor".

11 hours ago, just like watching brazil said:

If this year couldn't get any worse, goodbye bobcat bob.the two mikes on talksport will never be the same.also you guys should listen to the first hour of their show today for the mick take on holloway

Those two guys are so naturally funny when they get together,,  If I ever switch on TS and they arre on, the radio stays on.  Top stuff the 2 Mikes

22 hours ago, Libertine1 said:

I think he's quite a decent bloke so it's a shame. They shouldn't have been so quick to get rid of Guidolin.

Or monk, finished top half in his first season then had a run of 10 bad games then they got rid. They deserve all they get. Hope they get relegated. I reckon if they kept monk they wouldn't be in this mess now. Plus he's doing s bloody good job in a poison challis and a whacky owner at Leeds. 

34 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Or monk, finished top half in his first season then had a run of 10 bad games then they got rid. They deserve all they get. Hope they get relegated. I reckon if they kept monk they wouldn't be in this mess now. Plus he's doing s bloody good job in a poison challis and a whacky owner at Leeds. 

As I said further up the thread, we're having a bad run of 10 or so games and plenty on here want to get rid. So they don't really deserve anything more or less than us. No guarantees keeping Monk would have been the right call.

Don't really understand your vitriol towards Swansea. They're a good club who have done superbly well to establish themselves in the PL with limited resources. They climbed up the leagues playing good football while turning a profit year-on-year. Things have gone a little awry in the last year or so but they're hardly deserving of such hatred. Save it for Cardiff.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

As I said further up the thread, we're having a bad run of 10 or so games and plenty on here want to get rid. So they don't really deserve anything more or less than us. No guarantees keeping Monk would have been the right call.

Don't really understand your vitriol towards Swansea. They're a good club who have done superbly well to establish themselves in the PL with limited resources. They climbed up the leagues playing good football while turning a profit year-on-year. Things have gone a little awry in the last year or so but they're hardly deserving of such hatred. Save it for Cardiff.

If they were loyal to monk , who did achieve their highest ever premier league finish, they would not be in this position now. 

As a club they've changed, with their American investment , they are now making rash strange decisions . They used to be the envy of many clubs regarding their skill at appointing mangers and not effecting the continuity of the club. Since or just before their investment this has changed. 

So I would also advise SL to stick and back LJ.

13 minutes ago, Spoons said:

If they were loyal to monk , who did achieve their highest ever premier league finish, they would not be in this position now. 

As a club they've changed, with their American investment , they are now making rash strange decisions . They used to be the envy of many clubs regarding their skill at appointing mangers and not effecting the continuity of the club. Since or just before their investment this has changed. 

So I would also advise SL to stick and back LJ.

You don't know that. That's like claiming we should have stuck with Cotterill because he did well the year before. Monk had won 1 in 11 at the time. And they went on to survive comfortably.

And whether you agree with the decision or not, it should be made based on what is believed to be in the best interests of the club, not personal loyalty.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You don't know that. That's like claiming we should have stuck with Cotterill because he did well the year before. Monk had won 1 in 11 at the time. And whether you agree with the decision or not, it should made based on what is believed to be in the best interests of the club, not personal loyalty.

But they went against what got them to that stability in the premiership. So now they deserve what they get and I hope that there American investment won't hide if needed in the championship as I think that's where they are going. 

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

But they went against what got them to that stability in the premiership. So now they deserve what they get and I hope that there American investment won't hide if needed in the championship as I think that's where they are going. 

No they didn't, they got rid of a manager who wasn't performing. They also sacked Laudrup before Monk. Both of which occurred before the American involvement.

Swansea actually worked their way through a series of mangers during their ascent up the leagues, albeit in some cases because they chose to leave rather than being sacked. Each of their three promotions came under a different manager. So I'm not sure what this "stability" is that you're referring to.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

No they didn't, they got rid of a manager who wasn't performing. They also sacked Laudrup before Monk. Both of which occurred before the American involvement.

Swansea actually worked their way through a series of mangers during their ascent up the leagues, albeit in some cases because they chose to leave rather than being sacked. Each of their three promotions came under a different manager. So I'm not sure what this "stability" is that you're referring to.

Agree to disagree . The American investment was around for a good few years before they officially invested in the club trying to pull the strings. 

To be honest as a city fan I've got my own worries so regards to Swansea I will leave it there. Good debate though .

8 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Agree to disagree . The American investment was around for a good few years before they officially invested in the club trying to pull the strings. 

To be honest as a city fan I've got my own worries so regards to Swansea I will leave it there. Good debate though .

Fair enough. Swansea are my second team as I used to live there and went to the Vetch most weeks. So I'm more defensive about them than other clubs!

22 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Seasonal!

22 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Sacking managers part way through a season doesn't work as some would suggest.

I'm watching Villa now. Steve Bruce has done nothing with the same set of players that Roberto Di Matteo had, absolutely Jack!

My thoughts on this. Wrong appointment, shouldn't have sacked Guidolin- played well despite a very tough set of games to start season- they were loising narrowly to good sides under him, well under Bradley they solved that issue....Maybe should have sacked Monk, hard to say that slump was a long long one. Laudrup- ha sacking him when he won their first trophy, good European display, 9th in PL, midtable when sacked- odd decision on the face of it. Bradley definitely the most sensible sacking of the 4.

Archived