IGNORED

Pemberton/Holden

bs3

The decline in our form coincides with the demotion of Pemberton and Dean Holding appointment as assistant head coach.

Pemberton was the man last season who turned our season around when LJ arrived he just continued with the same team and tactics that Pembo implement.

Start of November we are in the top 6 , Pembo is LJ assistant than for some reason this new coach is brought and it's been a rapid decline.

34 minutes ago, bs3 said:

The decline in our form coincides with the demotion of Pemberton and Dean Holding appointment as assistant head coach.

Pemberton was the man last season who turned our season around when LJ arrived he just continued with the same team and tactics that Pembo implement.

Start of November we are in the top 6 , Pembo is LJ assistant than for some reason this new coach is brought and it's been a rapid decline.

Start of November, we played Brighton, Birmingham and then Reading. Maybe another reason/coincidence? 

After this, we did beat Ipswich, largely because they are rubbish. Then started losing again at Huddersfield, who are not rubbish. Since then, we have lost our way a bit, failing to pick up any points against three sides close to and below us in the table, which is poor and worrying.

The decline in our form coincides with this run of fixtures starting in November, as well as some other things perhaps...

12 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Pembo and Holden are both assistant coaches , there's no rank being pulled by one or the other.

I was under the impression they were both assistants aswell. Remember wondering why bother bringing him in if it's doing the same thing as pemberton. Strange.

3 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

I was under the impression they were both assistants aswell. Remember wondering why bother bringing him in if it's doing the same thing as pemberton. Strange.

It's not an uncommon arrangement at all. In Europe it's the norm in many cases. English football is pretty dogmatic in many ways and still adheres to traditional concepts that are a bit dated. 

6 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

Pemberton coaches defence, because he was a defender (fullback). Holden coaches attack because he, er, was a fullback/centre back

28 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Start of November, we played Brighton, Birmingham and then Reading. Maybe another reason/coincidence? 

After this, we did beat Ipswich, largely because they are rubbish. Then started losing again at Huddersfield, who are not rubbish. Since then, we have lost our way a bit, failing to pick up any points against three sides close to and below us in the table, which is poor and worrying.

The decline in our form coincides with this run of fixtures starting in November, as well as some other things perhaps...

We have also played PNE and Brentford at home.

All games at this level are going to be tough.

The turn around in results and performance have been dramatic, just trying to think of reasons for this.

5 minutes ago, bs3 said:

The turn around in results and performance have been dramatic, just trying to think of reasons for this.

I don't think there's any concrete conclusions you can draw from the addition of a new member of the coaching team. It's just too tenuous and cannot be proved either way by anyone on this forum.

27 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Perhaps you can start by telling us Dean Holden's role and the changes this has meant for John Pemberton? Who is in the technical area with LJ during matches?

55 minutes ago, bs3 said:

What chance have us mere mortals of stumbling across the reasons for this run of form? The people right in the thick of it won't be able to put their finger on it. No doubt SL is scratching his head. And if LJ could, he would've put things right. Unless it is the transfer window that is the answer, that the players assembled in August are not good enough. That being the case, you'd have to wonder what the chances are of the same people putting an inadequate summer transfer window right in January.

Give yourself a break, and do something completely unrelated to City and football!

38 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

What chance have us mere mortals of stumbling across the reasons for this run of form? The people right in the thick of it won't be able to put their finger on it. No doubt SL is scratching his head. And if LJ could, he would've put things right. Unless it is the transfer window that is the answer, that the players assembled in August are not good enough. That being the case, you'd have to wonder what the chances are of the same people putting an inadequate summer transfer window right in January.

Give yourself a break, and do something completely unrelated to City and football!

Support the Gas :shocking: ? 

The only way I can see the hiring of a new coach effecting the form is if they're playing catch up with individual training and the squad is losing focus of the team game. I know LJ wanted to do more individual coaching. I can in no way seeing a rift in personalities. They're all super professional. 

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's not an uncommon arrangement at all. In Europe it's the norm in many cases. English football is pretty dogmatic in many ways and still adheres to traditional concepts that are a bit dated. 

Not trying to be pada...perdan....purda....pudant....an arse, but we're not playing European teams, it's the English teams that are beating us week after week.

Time to bring back inside forwards and wing halves I say!

11 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Not trying to be pada...perdan....purda....pudant....an arse, but we're not playing European teams, it's the English teams that are beating us week after week.

Time to bring back inside forwards and wing halves I say!

That's true but no reason why ideas from other countries or different thinking from the norm can't be used here. As long as everyone knows exactly what their responsibilities are there's no issue with having more than one assistant head coach.

Archived