IGNORED

Support Lee

Evocare

Lads, we need to get behind the gaffer, there is not much wrong with the team or the tactics. The first 10 games maybe masked areas we are struggling in, but the club is moving forward with LJ.

The results have been a horror and cruelty personified, the lads need our support more than ever. With a few decent results we can turn it around, it will be turned around.

SL will give Lee coin to spend, the season is not over, we've had our blip, the season start again now.

COYR!

Exactly, but those happy with how things are need to get more vocal about it, the team literally thrives on the fans support on and off the field. 

I still feel positive about our chances of a top 6, we have some outstanding talent at the club and i belive we now have the right staff to bring in even better players to improve us.

With a little bit of luck we can make it through the night. 

13 minutes ago, Evocare said:

Exactly, but those happy with how things are need to get more vocal about it, the team literally thrives on the fans support on and off the field. 

I still feel positive about our chances of a top 6, we have some outstanding talent at the club and i belive we now have the right staff to bring in even better players to improve us.

Mad playoff charges happen all the time. Hull beat us in the final after finishing 3rd but were near the bottom at xmas. Reading were doing shite last time they went up then suddenly after beating us they went on some 18 game unbeaten run and won the league. 

Not saying we can do this but just shows how form can turn around.

7 minutes ago, Evocare said:

Top 6;!!....Wrong end mate.

And I'll have a few of what your on.

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Out of his depth. All will end in tears but he isn't going anywhere. 

I dont think so, he is still a young lad, he will develop.

If I have to criticise him it would be some of his interviews using his old skool one liners 'game of two halves' etc , picked up from his old man i reckon :laugh:, cant blame him for that, and in a way i like it. 

But dont let that fool you, the guy is a great coach, he's been brought up with football and it shows, but he has to become his own man eventually, make an identity for himself.

I dont want to be blinded by the potential glory of having Lee succeed where the old man failed, As a fan i almost need Lee to do it, to restore my faith in the football Gods that were so cruel that day vs Hull.

Lee has to succeed, it has to happen, it must happen, we have a duty to ensure it happens, at whatever cost. 

I'm just wondering if LJ is one of the the best young managers around or just the biggest bullshitter as he likes to talk a good game. In my honest oppoinon this transfer window is massive for Lee as there is no way out after it shuts.

I support Lee and the team through thick and thin as I always do

4 minutes ago, Sparkz 76 said:

I'm just wondering if LJ is one of the the best young managers around or just the biggest bullshitter as he likes to talk a good game. In my honest oppoinon this transfer window is massive for Lee as there is no way out after it shuts.

I support Lee and the team through thick and thin as I always do

I think he maybe the last of the old Skool, that comes with negatives and positives.

As I said in above post, Lee needs to become his own man eventually, take what he can from GJ and learn from it, be better, he's a smart guy and obviously shares the same passion as Gary, it's in the blood, but he needs to become better than for instance Sr Alex's son, Clough's Son, he needs to set the bar high for himself, he has a great oppertunity as a young manager at this club especially with SL, its almost written, maktub.

I might be wrong here but my impression is we don't really need a rallying cry like the OP.

With a small number of exceptions, I think most of Johnson's critics on here would love him to turn it around and for him to prove the doubters wrong. I don't get the impression there is a particular lack of support for the team or the manager once the team takes to the field.

51 minutes ago, Evocare said:

I dont think so, he is still a young lad, he will develop.

If I have to criticise him it would be some of his interviews using his old skool one liners 'game of two halves' etc , picked up from his old man i reckon :laugh:, cant blame him for that, and in a way i like it. 

But dont let that fool you, the guy is a great coach, he's been brought up with football and it shows, but he has to become his own man eventually, make an identity for himself.

I dont want to be blinded by the potential glory of having Lee succeed where the old man failed, As a fan i almost need Lee to do it, to restore my faith in the football Gods that were so cruel that day vs Hull.

Lee has to succeed, it has to happen, it must happen, we have a duty to ensure it happens, at whatever cost. 

How do you know his coaching is great??.. None of us are in the pleasant position of being able to make such claim-neither us, Barnsley or Oldham fans....

I can see why people want him sacked generally mangers in the championship last a season,  so you can get into the habit of getting fed up of a manager and assume the next one will be better.  The likes of pardew Pearson etc wouldn't come here as they work on budgets like Villa Newcastle etc...

People think the money we spent this summer was a lot but the going rate for championship player is a lot more,  2 million on a player  is  no longer a lot.

I'm happy to wait until Feb/March then reflect on our progress.  again not saying I believe in LJ blindly he does have faults but also there are other ppl at the club who contribute to the day to day affairs who are at fault too from the physio coaches to Ashton to scouts etc. .   I think the club are moving away from letting the manager do everything like Cotterill.  

6 hours ago, Evocare said:

Lads, we need to get behind the gaffer, there is not much wrong with the team or the tactics. The first 10 games maybe masked areas we are struggling in, but the club is moving forward with LJ.

The results have been a horror and cruelty personified, the lads need our support more than ever. With a few decent results we can turn it around, it will be turned around.

SL will give Lee coin to spend, the season is not over, we've had our blip, the season start again now.

COYR!

I've already tweeted him giving him my full support

6 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Mad playoff charges happen all the time. Hull beat us in the final after finishing 3rd but were near the bottom at xmas. Reading were doing shite last time they went up then suddenly after beating us they went on some 18 game unbeaten run and won the league. 

Not saying we can do this but just shows how form can turn around.

I think we all know how form can turn around don't we!!

19 hours ago, Evocare said:

COYR!

The recent set of results are beyond a blip....well beyond a blip.

Things need to change PDQ. If a new man is brought in and LJ goes after the January window then he wouldn't be able to do anything other than utilise what he has already got at his disposal.

We have no choice but to go all in and pray....sadly.

I'm not going to mindlessly happy clap though.

I support Bristol City and whoever is managing/playing at the time. However I am entitled to voice opinions about performances at any time. I don't slag but try to find constructive things to say and at present I am not satisfied with the results. So do I say nowt or make my opinions public?

Another two or three defeats on the bounce and LJ is staring down the barrel! 

Stability is the key and chopping and changing managers simply does not work. Look at Swansea - about to appoint their third manager in a matter of months. Do we really want that scenario?

Some of us are old enough to remember the Alan Dicks era which, if I recall correctly, wasn't exactly successful in the first few seasons of his reign whilst he built the team which eventually got us to the old first division. LJ is here for the long haul and will be given the same support by SL that AD was given in the late 1960's and early 1970's.

It has already been said that we are at the beginning of a long term strategy with LJ, MA and DT at the helm and with two or three additions in January, I am sure a mid table position is more than achievable. We over achieved during the first couple of months of the season but had it been said that we would be seven points clear of the relegation zone at the half way stage, then I think most of us would have taken that, although both LJ and the players had their sights set somewhat higher.

Archived