IGNORED

Ronda Rousey

SARJ

Back in action tomorrow night against Amanda Nunes. Should be a cracking fight.

I don't know a great deal about UFC, I'm only ever interested if McGregor or Rousey fight, so can anyone tell me about the caliber of her opponent and whether she stands a chance?

From my UFC friends I gather this Nunes is a very tasty opponent (by no means a 'tune-up' fight) and that she could potentially do the business, although I saw a photo of Ronda last night and she looks more ripped than ever, definitely game for this one.

Yea no tune up fight Nunes is a worthy Champion.

Be interesting to see how Ronda is inside the octagon after such a bad injury and time out. Personally i think she will be more focused than ever and have too much for Nunes and probably win by arm bar.

UFC 207 isn't a bad card and Cruz vs Garbrandt should be the pick of the bunch.

• Admin

UFC 207 opponents Ronda Rousey and Amanda Nunes face off

Am wondering what is going on in the head of RR, completely unlike her she has completely avoided the press all the way in the build up to this fight, and even at the weigh in last night she stormed off the stage straight after the "staredown" - hopefully just an act and not a sign pressure etc is getting to her.

Nunes has won 13 of her 17 professional bouts, but wonder with RR being a year out of the octagon could be the edge Nunes needs to win?

Had to chuckle, Johny ‘Bigg Rigg’ Hendricks, came for his weigh in, he was so overweight, he has had to concede 20% of his purse to his opponent Neil Magny. Are these people 100% committed to this or just doing it for the purse?

Yeah Phantom, no idea why she's shunned the press and fans. The weigh in yesterday was a joke. She looked moody, got up, and elft as quickly as she arrived.

Can't understand how McGregor was fined and belittled for not fulfilling his press obligations (when he single handedly makes the UFC millions) but Rousey, who's been out of action for months, is given the liberty?

On 12/31/2016 at 14:47, joe jordans teeth said:

Had a few hours to waste this morning so watched the whole card. Not a big fan of ufc but many more fights like cruz v garbrandt and i might be converted,it was a cracker

I fear that UFC may overtake my beloved boxing because of this.

Back in the golden day it was all about the biggest fights, nobody cared about the odd loss here or there. The best fought the best. Now, promoters get in the way and the media are so obsessed with fighters keeping their precious zero losses. A prime example is GGG v Canelo. Should have happened months ago.

14 minutes ago, SARJ said:

I fear that UFC may overtake my beloved boxing because of this.

Back in the golden day it was all about the biggest fights, nobody cared about the odd loss here or there. The best fought the best. Now, promoters get in the way and the media are so obsessed with fighters keeping their precious zero losses. A prime example is GGG v Canelo. Should have happened months ago.

I think it may, the noble art of Boxing can be a little boring depending on those fighting, and there certainly does not seem the same excitement as there was in the 70'sand 80's

I love watching boxing.  But I have to day UFC is much better to watch, I think the technique to fend of various types of assault, other than just punches makes it technically a better sport, that lets be fair is more entertaining than most of the fair been thrown up by the promoters and managers in boxing nowadays.

Don;t get me wrong there are still some good boxing matches out there, but UFC you can guarantee a lot more excitement in almost every bout.

Archived