IGNORED

2 depressing tales of our age

redsfan

In the paper today

1. Steve Martin shamed into removing a tweet lamenting the loss of Carrie Fisher because he called her "the most beautiful creature he had ever seen". Apparently, thats sexist.

2. Police looking for a bloke on the tube who "assaulted" 2 kids. What he did was ask them to take their feet off the seat so he could sit down and when they didn't, he grabbed their ankle to shove their feet off. Their mother, far from being ashamed that someone else has to instill manners in their kids, instead cries assault, goes to the police and then rings the paper for her 5 minutes of fame.

Modern life can't half be depressing.

I don't think people were objecting to the bit about her being beautiful, more that he added "she turned out to be witty and bright as well" as in how dare a woman be beautiful and also clever. 

I agree it's an over reaction though and the humour he was intending has been missed. 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

I don't think people were objecting to the bit about her being beautiful, more that he added "she turned out to be witty and bright as well" as in how dare a woman be beautiful and also clever. 

I agree it's an over reaction though and the humour he was intending has been missed. 

But it is 100% honest, unless you only talk online or by phone the very first things you notice about someone is there looks, followed if you talk / get to know them their personality traits. Shaming someone for being honest about it in a twitter witch-hunt by the easily offended snowflakes on twitter is just sad. I imagine Carrie herself would have been more happy with the text judging by comments she made throughout her life.

Archived