IGNORED

If you were the manager....

Flagon

Putting aside whether you are someone who would like to see a new manager come in or not do you honestly feel this team would be good enough for you or would you be going to the board to sanction new signings?

I don't consider myself a happy clapper but I'm not entirely convinced making a change of manager now is right. I think he should be given the opportunity to strengthen as I'm sure if any of us were the manager we would be begging to do. I think it's too early in the cycle to change now, it hasn't exactly worked wonders for us having so many managers over these last years.  My biggest reservation though is a number of signings were made that haven't featured nearly as much as I thought they would which has been really disappointing. 

We cannot afford to overload the squad on potential alone. We have to buy with some serious intent in January otherwise after finally trimming back the squad to just about a match day squad we will be back to an overloaded squad that is going nowhere.

Keep backing the team as it currently stands. Reading next will be tough and they're going to need us with them.

a GK, RB, 2 x wingers, 1 x CM of the 'big f@@ker' mould, a goalscorer. 

Sadly i only see us signing either more 'potential' or taking gambles on foreigners, neither of which will cut it IMO.

oh, and before that how about asking all of our lazy-ass full backs to track a winger, get bloody tight and stop crosses coming in. Bloody basics and we cant even manage that!

Archived