IGNORED

Where does the buck stop?

WessexPest

This all has a familiar ring to it - not just this time last year after Cotterill's initial success was negated when his managerial frailties were brutally exposed at the higher level, but when Del McInnes rode to our rescue in 2012 - only for his heroics to be a flash in the pan when we were so abject the following season.

The point being that we've had six managers in six years - there's absolutely no prospect of any sort of continuity with that constant churn, and it sends out the signal to would-be managers that we are a toxic work environment.

At what point does the buck stop with those responsible for running our club? The Coppell rigmarole, appointing former players Millen and Johnson who are seemingly out of their depth in the dugout, the calamitous appointment of o'Driscoll.

A steady procession of managers who start out promisingly and then go into alarming freefall.

i appreciate the money that has been ploughed in to the club, not least to give us a stadium to be proud of, but if we continue to be a poorly run club - and the evidence suggests that is a distinct possibility - then I have to reserve a great deal of my ire and frustration for the powers that be, not just the guy picking the team.

Archived