IGNORED

Will our January targets change?

Slack Bladder

This is not an anti manager/board thread, but a genuine question about the January transfer window.

In the summer the emphasis seemed to be on building for the future, we brought in a number of players (at some considerable expense) who are not regulars yet, as they are "ones for the future" whenever that is.

However, we now find ourselves in a position where we badly need some wins/points to ensure our very involvement in this league next season.

I assume the plan was, this January to buy more "players for the future" to build this young squad to go onto bigger and better things.

The plan now must be to get a number of players in that are 1st team ready, ones who are experienced in this league and grinding out results.

So I ask the question, do you think our transfer targets will have changed recently?

I don't mean the positions we need, as they are clear for all to see, but the actual players to fill them.

26 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

This is not an anti manager/board thread, but a genuine question about the January transfer window.

In the summer the emphasis seemed to be on building for the future, we brought in a number of players (at some considerable expense) who are not regulars yet, as they are "ones for the future" whenever that is.

However, we now find ourselves in a position where we badly need some wins/points to ensure our very involvement in this league next season.

I assume the plan was, this January to buy more "players for the future" to build this young squad to go onto bigger and better things.

The plan now must be to get a number of players in that are 1st team ready, ones who are experienced in this league and grinding out results.

So I ask the question, do you think our transfer targets will have changed recently?

I don't mean the positions we need, as they are clear for all to see, but the actual players to fill them.

I think we still need what we needed at the beginning of the season ie ; replacements for Kodjia and Wilbs etc however perhaps the perception by our targets may have changed from a club on the edge of the Prem to a club on the edge of the relegation zone .

I now think we have next to no chance to sign Gareth Bale .

Archived