IGNORED

Reading - What to expect

Londoner

UUnfortunately for us, not only was Readings game v Fulham called off, but they also rested a large number of key players.....surprising considering the strength of Fulham....but Stam hasn't done much wrong. 

For those who haven't seen reading or don't know their style of play....they are VERY fluid, even more so than Huddersfield and Stam has clearly done an amazing job in creating a formation that is pretty unique in this league.

Team will be something along the lines of:

Al Habsi

Gunter Mcshane Moore Blackett obita

Williams VDB/Evans 

Mcleary      Beerens 

Kermongant / samuel 

For those thinking that looks odd...it's because it is, what you will often see with them is MCshane and Blackett pulling into midfield breaking forward with Williams and Evans often then sitting back.....you might find blackett out on the left side of midfield and MCshane the right...again with players dropping in...m it's pretty unique but leads to them completely dominating the midfield as sometimes they turn to a 3-6-1.

Gunter obita wing backs.

Beerens roams all over the pitch, he has pace very creative and is very skilful....a good example of someone very difficult to pick up consistently. 

What we do know is that they have a player who will lead the line by himself.....the only normal thing about their formation. TThey tend to dominate possession in their matches.

Sorry but I think we will be over run especially with key players potentially out....but for those who haven't seen them they are a very good watch. 

2 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Don't forget they can fall over at will. Especially in the penalty area!

Tbf it's difficult to put their formation up....they have wing backs but on the right hand side they have Mclearly as well....yet on the left it's very different and they don't have anyond

I expect iro Reading we will get beaten by a better side.

I expect Londoner will use that as a stick to beat LJ.

I expect we will then go on to beat Fleetwood and, as for Cardiff,  I expect we will not lose and would lean towards a win. 

Reading is a game I call a mulligan. There's no shame in getting beaten by one of the division's best teams. If we get anything more that's great. 

16 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Londoner please stick your what to expect posts up your arse sideways !! 

You honestly think many of us care what you write after destroying flint? 

Get the hint!

Well seeing I was just asked to name my team for Reading some posters obviously do!

As for your comments, something a 7 year old would say.

14 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I expect iro Reading we will get beaten by a better side.

I expect Londoner will use that as a stick to beat LJ.

I expect we will then go on to beat Fleetwood and, as for Cardiff,  I expect we will not lose and would lean towards a win. 

Reading is a game I call a mulligan. There's no shame in getting beaten by one of the division's best teams. If we get anything more that's great. 

I don't think I beat LJ up personally....I personally really like him....unfortunately displays haven't been good enough.

18 minutes ago, Londoner said:

UUnfortunately for us, not only was Readings game v Fulham called off, but they also rested a large number of key players.....surprising considering the strength of Fulham....but Stam hasn't done much wrong. 

For those who haven't seen reading or don't know their style of play....they are VERY fluid, even more so than Huddersfield and Stam has clearly done an amazing job in creating a formation that is pretty unique in this league.

Team will be something along the lines of:

Al Habsi

Gunter Mcshane Moore Blackett obita

Williams VDB/Evans 

Mcleary      Beerens 

Kermongant / samuel 

For those thinking that looks odd...it's because it is, what you will often see with them is MCshane and Blackett pulling into midfield breaking forward with Williams and Evans often then sitting back.....you might find blackett out on the left side of midfield and MCshane the right...again with players dropping in...m it's pretty unique but leads to them completely dominating the midfield as sometimes they turn to a 3-6-1.

Gunter obita wing backs.

Beerens roams all over the pitch, he has pace very creative and is very skilful....a good example of someone very difficult to pick up consistently. 

What we do know is that they have a player who will lead the line by himself.....the only normal thing about their formation. TThey tend to dominate possession in their matches.

Sorry but I think we will be over run especially with key players potentially out....but for those who haven't seen them they are a very good watch

As they so often are. Right end of the table again, us, wrong end of the table, again. I don't believe Reading have super noisy fans either.

Why can't we ever get it right here? Work in progress, christ, we've seen teams around us succeed, fail, succeed, fail and succeed again in the same amount of time as we've just failed.

5 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

As they so often are. Right end of the table again, us, wrong end of the table, again. I don't believe Reading have super noisy fans either.

Why can't we ever get it right here? Work in progress, christ, we've seen teams around us succeed, fail, succeed, fail and succeed again in the same amount of time as we've just failed.

No their home fans are shit.

Well it was a brave mood getting Stam, however he is a champions league winner with spells as a number 2 in Holland....We've got someone whose had limited success with Oldham and Barnsley. 

5 minutes ago, Londoner said:

I don't think I beat LJ up personally....I personally really like him....unfortunately displays haven't been good enough.

I seem to remember you putting up a stout defence of LJ not that long ago and you are right performances have not been good enough. 

If we lose and look like ass this forum will go into meltdown. It crashed a couple of times after yesterday. What angers me is we are capable of winning if our players are allowed to give it a real go and get into them a bit. But I fear that will not happen until LJ has gone....however MR JOHNSON prove you are the real deal un shackle players played out of position in some miss guided experiment and get at them (Reading). You are close to the door now and if you are going out go out fighting, you never know what might happen!

18 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Not personally I don't think you do but professionally you do. I see him working with a young, and hence unpredictable bunch, and I think it's one of those where give them all a year together next year they'll be flying. I think all at the club thought give them a year together, but what happened is they appeared to click and be predictable too soon for many and hence for some our true position represents underperformance. 

16 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I seem to remember you putting up a stout defence of LJ not that long ago and you are right performances have not been good enough. 

If we lose and look like ass this forum will go into meltdown. It crashed a couple of times after yesterday. What angers me is we are capable of winning if our players are allowed to give it a real go and get into them a bit. But I fear that will not happen until LJ has gone....however MR JOHNSON prove you are the real deal un shackle players played out of position in some miss guided experiment and get at them (Reading). You are close to the door now and if you are going out go out fighting, you never know what might happen!

I've supported him numerous times....granted when things were good but I do feel he has made some strange decisions. I do disagree with you however regarding your last point, I'm not convinced he is close to the door..yet.

13 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Not personally I don't think you do but professionally you do. I see him working with a young, and hence unpredictable bunch, and I think it's one of those where give them all a year together next year they'll be flying. I think all at the club thought give them a year together, but what happened is they appeared to click and be predictable too soon for many and hence for some our true position represents underperformance. 

Your giving uneccessary credit.

A side of Matthews Golborne flint Smith pack Patterson Tomlin freeman O'Neil etc.....

This is what astonishes me, people saying we are in our righposition......not with our squad sorry.

Having only watched Reading once this season...against us...they dominate possession by playing balls from the keeper to the fullbacks, and back, and back again, and then back again....etc...and then break quickly. Fine if effective, otherwise a snore-fest. They were massively helped by that dodgy pen. We had them on the ropes in the second half.

Quietly optimistic. 

Archived