IGNORED

Team for tomorrow

BCFC_Josh

What team would you select for the game tomorrow? Personally I think we need to go for it and play two upfront. I am also opting for a three at the back as I think Joe Bryan significantly improves playing in the wingback position. As others have suggested it is probably the most important game of the season so far and is reminiscent of the Boro game at home last season. 

Fielding 

Moore Flint Magnusson (if fit)

Freeman Brownhill Tomlin Pack Bryan

Abraham Wilbraham 

Reading play a possession game, and there's no way we can outplay them. We need to go direct and have players to stop them playing.

Fielding

Matthews Flint Moore Golbourne

Freeman Pack Brownhill O'Dowda

Wilbraham Abraham

Give Tomlin a rest, not convinced he can fit into a 4-4-2 anyway. O'Dowda to run at the defence and 2 up top to win the high balls. Wear Reading down and bring on Engvall, Tomlin and Paterson later on to use the space. Simples.

So I've thought of a way to counter our poor first half showing is to have two different teams each half...

1st half ... 3-4-1-2

Fielding

Moore   Flint    Ekstrand (Maggs   if fit)        

Paterson        Pack     Brownhill                      Bryan

Reid

Wilbs         Tammy

3-0 up half time no injuries of course.... 2nd half.... 4-5-1

Fielding 

Liittle  Flint   Ekstand (Maggs if fit)   Golbourne

Paterson          Pack      Reid     Brownhill        Bryan     

Tammy

Never know might get a 3-3 draw.....:fear:

Fielding 

Moore         Flint        Magnusson 

Freeman      Pack   Brownhill    Bryan 

Paterson        Tomlin 

Abraham 

Subs O'Donnell  Little   Smith  Reid  O'Dowda  Wilbraham  Engvall 

53 minutes ago, RedDave said:

IMG_2100.PNG

I like the eleven players, just not the formation....think Reading's wide players, typically McCleary, Beerens with Gunter and Obit's willingness to overlap would cause too many double-ups and we'd get shafted.

I'm beginning to think a 4141 might be the way to go tomorrow (assume HM, GON unfit):

FF

AM, AF, TM, SG

MP

LF, JB, BR, COD

TA

No LT tomorrow for me in the starting XI.

If Korey was on song, it would be different.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I like the eleven players, just not the formation....think Reading's wide players, typically McCleary, Beerens with Gunter and Obit's willingness to overlap would cause too many double-ups and we'd get shafted.

I'm beginning to think a 4141 might be the way to go tomorrow (assume HM, GON unfit):

FF

AM, AF, TM, SG

MP

LF, JB, BR, COD

TA

That was partly the thinking of having Bryan and Brownhill where they are.  They can help out the full backs and Reid would have to drop back to help as well.  All formations should be fluid.  

The worry on yours is that Abraham gets isolated again.  A few of the formations on here would give Reading 65% possession which i wouldn't be comfortable about with our defence. 

If we can even get 45% possession then that's about 8 minutes less that they have the ball for.

Fielding

Little - Flint - Moore - Golborne

------ Pack - Brownhill -------

Paterson -- Tomlin -- Freeman

----------- Abraham -----------

This presumes Magnusson, Matthews, Smith not available albeit if they were the only change for me would be Matthews for Little.

Fielding

Little Flint Moore Golbourne

Reid Brownhill Pack Paterson 

Tammy Wilbs

Subs

Tomlin O'Donnell O'Dowda Freeman Bryan Ekstrand Engvall.

Matthews, Korey, GON & Mags all unfit.

Paterson hasn't featured for a while.

Brownhill has been very bright & Golbourne very unlucky to be dropped in favour of Joe.

Hopefully we don't have to chase the game

11 hours ago, BarmyArmy said:

Reading play a possession game, and there's no way we can outplay them. We need to go direct and have players to stop them playing.

Fielding

Matthews Flint Moore Golbourne

Freeman Pack Brownhill O'Dowda

Wilbraham Abraham

Give Tomlin a rest, not convinced he can fit into a 4-4-2 anyway. O'Dowda to run at the defence and 2 up top to win the high balls. Wear Reading down and bring on Engvall, Tomlin and Paterson later on to use the space. Simples.

Wilbraham was totally ineffective against Ipswich. Surely time to give Engvall a go.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

FF

AM, AF, TM, SG

MP

LF, JB, BR, COD

TA

Would be madness if we left Tomlin out. Must win game, at home .. no, not for me. Get all your best players on the pitch from the word go.. and take no risks with players struggling for fitness. Remember the Brentford game? All subs used up and 25 minmutes to play. COYR!

9 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Would be madness if we left Tomlin out. Must win game, at home .. no, not for me. Get all your best players on the pitch from the word go.. and take no risks with players struggling for fitness. Remember the Brentford game? All subs used up and 25 minmutes to play. COYR!

Totally fair comment.

Against a team who pass it around quickly and get their wide players in and full backs overlapping, we might need some more industry.

Tough decision I agree.

Archived