IGNORED

Wage structure

norwichrobin

Happy new year all, honestly genuine question here.

Was having lunch with the Norwich familia and the subject of the transfer window / attracting players came up. Norwich fans have moaned they can't attract players due to the strict wage structure (squad players on 50k a week!) 

I was asked how much the average city player is on and couldn't answer anyone got a ball park figure without mentioning names.

Was rumoured jammo was on 10k and the young Spanish kid we looked at From Liverpool in the summer went to Norwich for 10k a week as we said we couldn't match it. Rightly so!

OK quick disclaimer I know this is a bear pit! Post not intended to run the players down for what there earning am genuinly interested in comparison to other clubs. 

14 minutes ago, norwichrobin said:

Happy new year all, honestly genuine question here.

Was having lunch with the Norwich familia and the subject of the transfer window / attracting players came up. Norwich fans have moaned they can't attract players due to the strict wage structure (squad players on 50k a week!) 

I was asked how much the average city player is on and couldn't answer anyone got a ball park figure without mentioning names.

Was rumoured jammo was on 10k and the young Spanish kid we looked at From Liverpool in the summer went to Norwich for 10k a week as we said we couldn't match it. Rightly so!

OK quick disclaimer I know this is a bear pit! Post not intended to run the players down for what there earning am genuinly interested in comparison to other clubs. 

Anything that will be posted will be best guess but I'd say average would be around 8k per week.

Players like Pack, Bryan, Reid will be 5-6k and others like Tomlin and O'Neil will be £15k maybe but more.  

I believe average of 8k will be close as there will be more on 5-6k than above 10-12k

edit:. To add to this I've just seen that average championship wage is 7.5k per week and I believe we are average payers.  

£10m spent on wages last year which would suggest average is indeed between £7-8k

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

Anything that will be posted will be best guess but I'd say average would be around 8k per week.

Players like Pack, Bryan, Reid will be 5-6k and others like Tomlin and O'Neil will be £15k maybe but more.  

I believe average of 8k will be close as there will be more on 5-6k than above 10-12k

edit:. To add to this I've just seen that average championship wage is 7.5k per week and I believe we are average payers.  

£10m spent on wages last year which would suggest average is indeed between £7-8k

This would be my best guess. FM has some good guesses as well if you want to check that out. 

What does £x per week mean?  

52 weeks x £x

or number of weeks in August to May x £x

or games played x £x.

Or does no one really know and are just having a stab in the dark. I suppose the logical answer will be what is in every individual's contract e.g. basic weekly wage in/out of season, appearance money, bonuses for wins/draws/ league position etc. Then divide it by 52.

Archived