IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Reading Match Day Thread

BigTone

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So his 2 full backs are the same 2 players he took off at HT at Ipswich and he ignores 2 CBs he signed himself to play a RB there.

If that isn't bad enough the only defensive cover is a kid who has never been on the bench before.

No Pack, no Moore, Ekstrand can't even make the bench, just complete madness.

But Graham, it's OK. January transfer window opened, he can now recruit more players and not use them!

There is no consistency with his selection, formation.

4 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

How is Tomlin on the bench? Ridiculous.

Was pretty sure he was meant to be having his medical in Marseille.

If anything thats the right thing to do, the guy isn't pulling his weight and not the same player as last season. Maybe dropping him to the bench is a good thing to up his game and show he isn't undroppable from the starting XI.

According to his own twitter account he has laughed off the Marseille rumour but I guess you never know

15 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Meltdown if we lose this one.

I've been a fierce defender of LJ but that's a mightily strange looking team and God help him if we get humiliated today. 

Don't be silly there is always one more excuse here on OTIB and that excuse will be, 'get real, did you honestly expect us to get anything from todays game?'.

I have to say he has got some balls has LJ, I hope this works because primarily I am a BCFC fan and I really want LJ to succeed.

Desperation or genius?, the next couple of hours will tell us, I just hope this isn't LJ's Cardiff home 0-6.

You know that situation when your a youngster and you really do not want to do your current job one second longer,and decide going out with some kind of impact will be more interesting,one hell of a last day that will live in the memory-so much more worth it than just "wrapping".

Is this a reaction from Lee,a message of intent...a two fingered salute??

ST

CAM      LB                         CM         LM

CM

LB         RB                         CB          RB

GK

That is the lineup that Lee Johnson has put out... 

Might as well go home and not watch this one then. We've already lost according to most you lot. I'm sure there are reasons for the lineup. I'm gonna get behind the lads today whether we get battered, win or something in between. They're all professionals and I still expect a good performance. Nice to see some young guys get a chance to be in the squad as well. 

Prior to the team being announced today's game certainly had the feel of something much more than just three points as it may prove to be pivotal in the next chapter of our club. Play well and win = relief and breathing space, play badly and lose = increased pressure on everyone, especially LJ and his employer's. Although TBH today is more about the result than the performance.

Given the totally unexpected line up I really don't know what to expect next. Although if we lose it could get ugly on here later!

Archived