IGNORED

Where did it all start to go wrong??

Son of Fred

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Cardiff away 

Hull cup

The latter. We were on form and had a huge chance to progress to the latter stages of a major cup. But we played a weakened side against a Prem 1st eleven. Smacked of us getting overconfident and led to the first questions over the managers judgement

Hull in the cup was a massive eye opener. Lee had gone on about wanting to go for it and then  completely changed the side in the hope that we would somehow still be at 0-0 before he brought the big guns on.

Instead of starting them and then resting them we went behind and then threw them on like the Alamo ensuring that they would be absolutely f****** come Saturday.

Then when I started to focus on his eloquent post match summing up followed by being served up exactly the same errors the following week I was seriously worried.

Unfortunately you can have all the top marks for the theory but that doesn't make you a promising manager. The ability to get the best out of what you have to work with makes you a good manager. I haven't seen any evidence of this where LJ is concerned at all!

When we sold our best player without a replacement and left all the pressure on one youngster to score goals. That's in terms of having a positive season.

In terms of our current horrendous run of form and LJ dealing with the pressure. Probably the initial Reading loss due to that undeserved penalty. Never recovered confidence-wise from that game.

27 minutes ago, stawey said:

surely it must be the fitness and the training . to many chiefs

I'm convinced fitness is an issue when it comes to conceding late goals yet I don't recall LJ ever talking about it. I would make double training sessions the norm.

22 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

When we sold our best player without a replacement and left all the pressure on one youngster to score goals. That's in terms of having a positive season.

In terms of our current horrendous run of form and LJ dealing with the pressure. Probably the initial Reading loss due to that undeserved penalty. Never recovered confidence-wise from that game.

Where would we be now without Tammy Abraham

4 minutes ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Where would we be now without Tammy Abraham

Exactly. And where would we be if he actually had support and someone else to share the workload? Well, probably in a similar position to where we were when we had him and Kodjia after the Villa game.

The strategy is a business one rather than a football one ie signing players in the hope of future profits. Hence a great deal has been spent on players LJ doesn't think are good enough for the first team until some unspecified point in the future. Witness the fact that he has decided that Matthews, whom he has publicly crticised, is a better bet than Moore. Bristol Sport is first and foremost a business after all.

To that extent LJ is simply obeying orders whereas SC was not prepared to. Most experienced managers would be unlikely to take the job on those terms I suspect as it means first team results are secondary to the business strategy. They may well be long gone if and when the strategy bears fruit.

Remains to be seen if there is any attempt to put the focus back on the first team in January but as long as he toes the line I assume LJ is safe.

51 minutes ago, stawey said:

surely it must be the fitness and the training . to many chiefs

I'm convinced fitness is an issue when it comes to conceding late goals yet I don't recall LJ ever talking about it. I would make double training sessions the norm.

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

Ok-somthing of a generalisation,but vent your collective spleens-its cathartic y'know.

The international break before Cardiff. Momentum stopped, Colin appointed. Since then LJ has chopped and changed.

Also Pack was a key cog in our early form. Now we change the midfield every game 

I've posted in a couple of earlier threads, I'm convinced it was the Hull Cup Game. Until then we had some momentum and we were a top six side. After that match we've won 1 and drawn 1.

It really took the wind out of us and despite the fact that Hull are in the Premier League it was a winnable game. 

The changes LJ made to the side weren't massive but it seemed to be enough to unsettle everyone.

Going into that match we also expected to see our best starting 11 give it a good go so it also led to the first serious grumbles about LJ's management.

Archived