IGNORED

Flint and Fielding

southvillekiddy

5 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

I'm not inviting that but I wish he was big enough to make a change. At the moment he is one of the biggest obstacles to us achieving the Premiership

He's given our manager plenty of money. Cotts team had the highest wage bill in league one. Maybe the advice he is given is wrong. I believe under his ownership we will get to the Prem, far away yes I know now, we need a name, then give him loads of cash. This squad ain't good enough.

17 minutes ago, tts_city said:

Yep nobody was pressing the ball, at times the two banks of four were so close together it was like playng with 8 defenders and still they ball watched as we tried to defend a two goal lead by camping in our own penalty area for almost an entire half. I dunno im getting pretty tired of watching this shit, it comes to something when you still are not confident of getting anything two goals up, im still ******* angry, on days like this i hate football.

Spot on.

We cant expect to come away with positive results if all we are gonna do is camp in our own penalty area ball watching.

Then, just hoof it straight back to a Reading player out of sheer shock we touched the ball.

17 minutes ago, 29AR said:

That is an utterly ridiculous post; and I'm not one who kisses the ground he walks upon.

He should win as many as he does, being the vast majority. He will lose some, as will anyone because no-one at this level has ever been perfect for 90minutes. Christ remember 5ft naff all Matt Hill winning some because of his leap and aggressiveness?! 

Substandard at this level? Ludicrous. He's absolutely standard, if not better than. If he's available for a transfer there's no doubt he will not be begging a league one side to snap him up. 

Can't agree with the last part.

I love Flinty, but he is no more than an average defender in this division.

I thought Flint played well generally although looking at the Reading goals on the highlights (I was in the South Stand so   harder to tell live) it looks as though Flint gave the guy too much room for the first. 

Re the third, we were sitting too deep. Brownhill moves across the three Reading midfielders receiving the ball before the shot. There should have been someone else alongside him.

I would persevere with Brownhill in centre mid. He looked good although he did tire. Not surprising as he hasnt played much this season.

21 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Why has he? Saying they both had a rubbish game from 1m 4sec of highlights ?? 

Oh I see you do watch the highlights.. Useful for the crucial bits aren't they.  I did not say they had rubbish games but did say they are not good enough for Championship football based on today and lots of other games.

Danny Wilson and others have said it takes only one second to score a goal. So what the defender does or does not do at that crucial time is absolutely vital. The highlights show that Flint was to slow to react for 2 of their goals (although as I said elsewhere I believe that he may been better for the rest of the game, further i loved watching him in League 1) and that frankie could have done a lot better on the third. By the way Gary Sprake was a brilliant goalie for Leeds and Wales but he regularly let it soft goals?

We are just not good enough at these crucial times, individually and as a team.

How else can you explain the fact that we are losing in the final minutes of games. the highlights show that its poor positioning, lack of pressing and poor reaction time.

1 hour ago, southvillekiddy said:

Not the young lads but those two today.  Not good enough, not quick enough and incompetent. Not good enough to step up a League

The young lads really did their best but despite all the hype LJ has not recruited enough decent players.He does not have the pulling power to attract better players.We do not have the coaching staff to improve the mediocre players who come to us.

SL has chosen the wrong bloke again.  If some of the senior quality players are at odds with LJ how has this happened? Why is LJ incapable of choosing his best team . Why can he not instill in the team the will to defend a 2 goal lead and win today's game.

SL has had partial success with only 2 out of his 8 appointments. He's been too defensive/possessive to choose someone who can take us all the way 

And so it goes on and on and on .............

Agree about Fielding,hes useless but I thought Flint had a good solid game.

7 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Flint was superb today . Fielding should have done much better for the third though and nearly cost us a goal when he failed to come for a cross at 1-0 ! 

Overall Flint had a good game but very slow in closing down the first goal

2 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Not the young lads but those two today.  Not good enough, not quick enough and incompetent. Not good enough to step up a League

The young lads really did their best but despite all the hype LJ has not recruited enough decent players.He does not have the pulling power to attract better players.We do not have the coaching staff to improve the mediocre players who come to us.

SL has chosen the wrong bloke again.  If some of the senior quality players are at odds with LJ how has this happened? Why is LJ incapable of choosing his best team . Why can he not instill in the team the will to defend a 2 goal lead and win today's game.

SL has had partial success with only 2 out of his 8 appointments. He's been too defensive/possessive to choose someone who can take us all the way 

And so it goes on and on and on .............

Fielding couldn't really have done much about the goals and Flint didn't put a foot wrong. Will always be difficult when your CB partner is 5'11

As far as Flinty is concerned, first half Reading lobbed too many balls forward and he was happy with that, heading most away with ease.

Second half, they stopped doing this and kept it on the deck. Their goals appeared to be reward for this.

If Aden is vulnerable, it's on the deck. Obviously.

4 hours ago, alandicks said:

Frankie frustrates with the speed and accuracy of his distribution, not sure he could do anything about the goals.

Thought Flint was outstanding. Won everything in the air and led by example.

Watch Flints marking on the first two goals.

Neither Fielding or Flint are Championship standard. Cotterill masked these deficiencies with a very well organised side/plan in League One. Flints exposure in a 2 was evident under the ill-fated SOD reign. It is no surprise that his successful period came under SC and via 3 at the back. I think this is one of the main reasons SC was loathed to change the system. Fielding simply does not have the presence to be a top keeper and his command of the box, organisation of the defence and distribution are simply not good enough. He was woefully exposed today and at Wolves.

Flint too slow to close down for the first goal today. Had an average game in my opinion bar that.

Fielding went down in instalments for the winning goal. Has to do better  

I might be in the minority here but I can't see us challenge to get promoted with either of those two as regulars in our team. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Frankie should have saved their third, hardly an exocet was it...?!

No he shouldn't off. Why pick out Frankie? No player closed the shot down , but no blame to them. When you have 15 plus bodies in front of you not easy to see ball especially if it was struck cleanly and directed into corner. Many to blame for third goal but Frankie way day that list!! 

Archived