IGNORED

Are we over complicating things ?

BigTone

I blame it on the coaching badges, same as midfielders that just sit in front of the back four mopping up, it's all come from mangers being trained into trying not to lose, instead of being trained how to win games. They believe if you don't lose they've more chance of keeping their jobs longer. So they just cancel each other out with five in midfield and it's killing the game as we knew it . 

Well its been an interesting chat but now I must head for the train and head up to Londonium. I have put an electronic gadget in my yfronts that tells me whether I am coming or going as well as the moisture content of my farts. At my age once they exceed a certain percentage of moisture it is likely that I must deploy my bicycle clips to avoid any major incidents. I don't wear skin tight yfronts as that just makes things happen a little bit quicker. South West trains now use drones to help their drivers in case they get lost so technology does have it's place in society.

Have a good day and talk later

My view on this is: talk about it all when (ie after) you've ****ing won or achieved something. Ffs!

There was a lot of very confident chat, puff and publicity, which became rather too much like self promotion, over the summer and early season - from drones and visits to the SAS and 21st century buzz phrases like "pitch personality" to "Europa League" answers to avoidable questions about where we see ourselves in 5 years. 

If we are not in L1 in 5 years, I will be content (if not deliriously happy).

There is a need to communicate with the club's supporters but a (fine) line needs to be drawn between this and hyperbole. It seems to me that finishing 18th (!!) last season went to a few people's heads over the summer.

If and when something is won or achieved, then you can "drone" on about it all

2 hours ago, Cowshed said:

How does sports science over complicate things if it improves players fitness? And it does.

I have visited Manchester City's training facility, and left in no doubt it can only improve players be they six or twenty six. All sports science does is produce fitter, better rounded players and it is up to the Coach /Manager then as to how best to use them.

This proves its not doing any good, Tomlin is obviously over trained and coached.

6 hours ago, Manon said:

However by the same token you could argue that it wasn't responsible for what did 'Reading a lot of good'  yesterday... Assuming both teams had employed sports science, then they surely cancelled each other out. In which case, what made the difference?

Individual ability? 

Tactics?

Motivation? 

Psychology? 

All of the above I suspect

Archived