IGNORED

Is a new goalkeeper our number 1 priority?

brady bunch

After watching the highlights a few times, surely a better keeper has to be our main priority?

never beeen a huge frankie fan in the past, but I think he is getting worse, error prone and 2 or the 3 goals were very saveable, beaten 3 times low to his right, assume that is in the oppo's scouting notes...

willing to still trust in LJ, but if ROD is seemingly not considered and we are left with the flawed frankie, I think we have a very good chance of going down

no it itsn't

sorting out the defensive and midfield first and formost, followed by some support upfront, 

we can have 3 keepers in goal at the moment and we'd still lose if the 10 players in front of you can't be arsed to put a tackle in

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It bloody well ought to be. It's been obvious for so, so, so long that Frankie is simply not good enough at this level. 

nether was gerkin, nether was heaton,

yet both of those play at this level or higher, the shots shouldn't be coming in

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

nether was gerkin, nether was heaton,

yet both of those play at this level or higher, the shots shouldn't be coming in

Heaton was one of the only shining lights in an appalling team. You had to be blind to not see his quality. 

Agree that we are too easy to get shots in against but Frankie is still a poor goalkeeper. 

We could only concede one shot per game and with him between the sticks there's a good chance of it being all they'd need to get 3 points!

Close range shot stopping - very good. But a very poor all round keeper. Likeable bloke but needs to be replaced. Unlikely to get a quality alternative in Jan though. 

9 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Heaton was one of the only shining lights in an appalling team. You had to be blind to not see his quality. 

Agree that we are too easy to get shots in against but Frankie is still a poor goalkeeper. 

We could only concede one shot per game and with him between the sticks there's a good chance of it being all they'd need to get 3 points!

Close range shot stopping - very good. But a very poor all round keeper. Likeable bloke but needs to be replaced. Unlikely to get a quality alternative in Jan though. 

no he isn't, he's decent enough and would get another championship club, people are quick to blame the keeper because he is the last line of defense, frankie RoD aren't the problem, its whats in front of them and the lack of leadership and organisation,

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

no he isn't, he's decent enough and would get another championship club, people are quick to blame the keeper because he is the last line of defense, frankie RoD aren't the problem, its whats in front of them and the lack of leadership and organisation,

Believe me I'm the last person to just look for someone to blame, and I fully understand how exposed even a great goalkeeper is left by a poor defence. 

But none of that makes Frankie a good keeper. Firmly in the camp of 'had too many chances' for me and should be replaced with a better quality alternative as soon as one become available. 

And that's not singling him out for individual criticism. There are several others in the same camp. 

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well for a bit of light relief, this may make you appreciate FF and ROD a bit more!

Number 9 wasn't a million miles away from FF's "assist" for Hudderfield's winner.

A definite quality no.1 keeper has been long overdue and seems never to be given the priority it needs.

Speroni too old now (37) but would have been good a few years ago. Shame we didn't move for Bentley when we had the chance. Needs addressing if not now then in the summer.

Yes to a new keeper.

Frankie is an ok #2 but has made too many point- dropping mistakes.

No way should he have been beaten at that distance for Reading's third for example.

ROD to be shipped out and Lucic loaned to a lower league club to get some experience of English football and develop.

Pecking order should be: New keeper then Frank then Max.

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Sorry i disagree,Fielding is a ppoor keeper at this level.Ok his defence does'nt help him much but Readings third goal was poor keeping,the ball was'nt hit hard and scuffed and bobbled slightly from where i was sat and it was hit a fair way out.Agood keeper at this level should always be able to get down to stop that type of shot.

16 hours ago, brady bunch said:

After watching the highlights a few times, surely a better keeper has to be our main priority?

never beeen a huge frankie fan in the past, but I think he is getting worse, error prone and 2 or the 3 goals were very saveable, beaten 3 times low to his right, assume that is in the oppo's scouting notes...

willing to still trust in LJ, but if ROD is seemingly not considered and we are left with the flawed frankie, I think we have a very good chance of going down

Max oleary young kid on loan to Bath City better than any of them

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Believe me I'm the last person to just look for someone to blame, and I fully understand how exposed even a great goalkeeper is left by a poor defence. 

But none of that makes Frankie a good keeper. Firmly in the camp of 'had too many chances' for me and should be replaced with a better quality alternative as soon as one become available. 

And that's not singling him out for individual criticism. There are several others in the same camp. 

Thats why Derby got rid 

Archived