IGNORED

New Formation

Unan

I might be open to 3 CBs and wing-backs...after having trashed it continuously. Depends on us signing Bailey Wright. You'd then have Matthews and Bryan as wing backs. Which would suit Joe. One thing we have been told is Djuric is very much a striker who thrives on crosses. Matthews showed us last season he can cross. Bryan less so. We're not really a team who crosses it much at all, but that's got to change. Even a low cross on the ground. Tammy scored quite a few of his early goals from this type of delivery. 

I think an odd issue to have is we now have a variety of tactics we can play as well as a number of line ups that could all be effective. The issue with that is that LJ hasn't yet settled with anything and if that continues having more options could actually be more of a hindrance than an advantage, what it all comes down to now is LJ and his ability to find his formation, starting 11 and sticking with it!

7 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

I might be open to 3 CBs and wing-backs...after having trashed it continuously. Depends on us signing Bailey Wright. You'd then have Matthews and Bryan as wing backs. Which would suit Joe. One thing we have been told is Djuric is very much a striker who thrives on crosses. Matthews showed us last season he can cross. Bryan less so. We're not really a team who crosses it much at all, but that's got to change. Even a low cross on the ground. Tammy scored quite a few of his early goals from this type of delivery. 

Has Matthews the stamina to play wing back? Need to be super fit for that role- Bryan on the left wing back would be excellent tbh, but unsure about Matthews.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Has Matthews the stamina to play wing back? Need to be super fit for that role- Bryan on the left wing back would be excellent tbh, but unsure about Matthews.

True. But Little can't cross. Either way, they all need to be sent on a crash course on crossing. And shooting. 

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Didn't like the sound of this comment to the BBC - or maybe it's a red herring?

Capture.PNG

don't see a problem with it,

means we can have him up top as a target man to hit the long ball, or playing with a couple of attacking midfielder in behind him, give tomlin a free role to roam the space in bhind him while he holds up the ball, play tammy off of him chasing knock downs,

gives us something we haven't really got at the moment,

now if only we could sort the defense out

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Joe yes but would sooner see Josh Brownhill at RWB than Adam Matthews. If we`ve got decent right sided CBs it shouldn`t be a problem and he has the energy and ability to do a good job I think.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Joe yes but would sooner see Josh Brownhill at RWB than Adam Matthews. If we`ve got decent right sided CBs it shouldn`t be a problem and he has the energy and ability to do a good job I think.

Square pegs round holes. People berate Johnson for it (deservedly so) and then some suggest the same. 

9 hours ago, phantom said:

Didn't like the sound of this comment to the BBC - or maybe it's a red herring?

Capture.PNG

Lets also remember that there is likely to be life without Tammy at some point in the future.

I like the the personnel in the line-up posted by @Fiale, but I worry about the narrowness (is that a word?) and how exposed we would be down the sides.

Archived