IGNORED

2 new signings!

Judda

These 2 signings excite me - a lot.  I've never heard of them before (only intended to be an attack against myself for being uninterested in most of European football), but reading about their background and experience, gives me massive cause for optimism!

WELL DONE TO ALL INVOLVED IN THESE TRANSFERS!!!

Good to see some early market activity. I was interested to see if this would happen and it has. New faces will lift the team and it's a change so we have to see what happens.

I have seen some people comparing Djuric's goal scoring record to Aden Flint, but I have noticed that he has been described as a central attacking midfielder as opposed to an out and out striker. Tammy is our out and out striker though. I can see Djuric as more of a Robbie Turner type player with Tammy playing the role of Bob Bob Super Bob, Bob Bob Super Bob, Bob Bob Super Bob, Super Bobby Taylor (Sorry, nostalgia moment for County Durham's finest).

Hegeler can play defensive or midfield so I can see options there too. Let's hope these boys can adapt to the Championship. I can certainly see that both players have been brought in to add layers between defence/midfield and midfield/attack so that's a good thing.

Still need a couple more but welcome both lads to the club. 

Keeping everything crossed for a change in fortune. We will soon find out what the craic is either way I am sure?!

2 hours ago, cityexile said:

Both look decent signings, and we clearly had these pretty much lined up, which shows good work behind the scenes.

Want to get excited, but feel partly after the summer which felt really good that it is a bit like 'that lot did not work, lets try another lot'. LJ needs to prove he can really team build as much as sign players.

Will feel much better about it all after a win or two of course.

They did say the club had been watching Djuric for nine months or so, perhaps he was originally lined up for next summer but circumstances have forced our hand?

22 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Mate don't tar everyone with the same brush. Whilst there are many on here that will always go straight to the nagative.....let it be known I'm not one of them.

EVERY player will get 45 mins to prove themselves before I kick off.

45 mins? Was that a typo? 4-5 mins did you mean?!?

23 hours ago, Judda said:

Great to see we have 2 more on board.... for you lot to start snagging off before they have even kicked a ball! :grr:

What's with the 'you lot'?

Come on I'm interested to know, it must be important to you as you've started a whole new thread instead of adding to many existing ones

23 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Makes a change from just having to sing a song for your initiation I suppose.

Reminds me of the Gazza story, when he moved to Spurs, after a few games he was told by the gaffer, "I'm gonna pull you off at half-time"......"Blimey" said Gazza, "At Newcastle we just got an orange..."

26 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Reminds me of the Gazza story, when he moved to Spurs, after a few games he was told by the gaffer, "I'm gonna pull you off at half-time"......"Blimey" said Gazza, "At Newcastle we just got an orange..."

It was not Gazza but Rodney Marsh when he joined Man City from QPR, though many have probably nicked the gag for themselves.

23 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, Gazza definitely said it Maj, but he could well have nicked it from someone else!

I thought it was John Barnes when he moved from Watford to Liverpool.  It's obviously just one of those jokes that goes from player to player.

Archived