IGNORED

Johnson pre fleetwood

Nick Wilde

5 minutes ago, kivsy said:

i love and respect the fa cup , thens fields a weakened team ! cos that worked well for the hull game, 1 win in 12 after that !!

No win situation though isn't it? Others would see giving some fringe players a game and perhaps resting Tammy a good thing. But whichever statement he came out with I would guarantee it would received negatively by some.

We desperately need a win so I would be very surprised to see a weakend team,  although with LJ constant tinkering only Flint, maggs Freeman and  Tammy are always starters   (well from from the top of my head) . With Brownhill playing all the festive games.

Hopefully we can get  international clearance for our new signings,  not saying Fleetwood will be easy but nice not to have the league pressure on them.  

33 minutes ago, kivsy said:

i love and respect the fa cup , thens fields a weakened team ! cos that worked well for the hull game, 1 win in 12 after that !!

He needs to play a strong team, as a good win, even against Fleetwood will do wonders for the players confidence.  If he fields a weaken team against a battling L1 club, who will be up for a win, particularly with our present form in mind, then I fear that it will make matters worse.  I only hope LJ will try out the new signings, as this game is a perfect opportunity to assess their capabilities.

I would like him to rest Tammy, I know he is not our player but I think he is still our concern and it will not reflect well on us with Chelsea if we run him into the ground. I thought there were times against Reading when he looked out on his feet, but being the kind of lad he is, he was still trying to chase the ball down. It's great that he is so enthusiastic, but he may just need protecting from himself.

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Honestly it's not worth it James, some people have just made up their mind and will say anything, true or not. I blame Trump.

Deep down (not even that deep really) I know it's futile, but it's so frustrating to see people claiming that a starting 11 consisting of: O'Donnell, Golbourne, Flint, Little, Bryan, Pack, Reid and Wilbraham as weakened.

Add to that Moore, who put in a good performance and has since had people complaining about the rumours of him going on loan, Engvall who was bright and people have asked to see more of and O'Dowda who was one of the few players to get people out their seats in the first 60 minutes that night I can see no reason to moan about the selection.

11 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Need to put out our strongest 11 as a win will give them a huge confidence boost.

I agree that we need a  win but he'll play a few fringe players. A lot of people are calling for Engvall to get a game and wouldn't be surprised if he started Saturday along with Paterson. 

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I would like him to rest Tammy, I know he is not our player but I think he is still our concern and it will not reflect well on us with Chelsea if we run him into the ground. I thought there were times against Reading when he looked out on his feet, but being the kind of lad he is, he was still trying to chase the ball down. It's great that he is so enthusiastic, but he may just need protecting from himself.

Completely agree, if we can't manage to beat Fleetwood when picking from 2 international strikers (assuming Djuric's clearance arrives on time) plus Wilbs to start, then our problems are much greater than we think..

Just listened to it someone asked him about Tomlin and judging by his comments I'm pretty sure he ain't going nowhere, plus the way he was talking with these signings he now has what he needs to build a team around tomlin, oh and one final point the way he was talking about tomlin I think can safely say their has been no falling out between them

21 minutes ago, stokes7 said:

Just listened to it someone asked him about Tomlin and judging by his comments I'm pretty sure he ain't going nowhere, plus the way he was talking with these signings he now has what he needs to build a team around tomlin, oh and one final point the way he was talking about tomlin I think can safely say their has been no falling out between them

Yeah, I thought that. 

14 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Honestly it's not worth it James, some people have just made up their mind and will say anything, true or not. I blame Trump.

Nobody in there right mind would have started with that team.note the difference second half when Tomlin came on we could have progressed to the last eight were not Chelsea where we got a good enough squad to rotate against prem opposition 

39 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Nobody in there right mind would have started with that team.note the difference second half when Tomlin came on we could have progressed to the last eight were not Chelsea where we got a good enough squad to rotate against prem opposition 

I will skip over the grammatical mistake, they are easy to make when typing on here but, I have seen lots of criticisms of LJ over the last few weeks, but I don't think anyone else has questioned his sanity. As others have pointed out, the team was not particularly weakened, I think it's more likely it was chosen to counter Hull's strengths. 

Archived