IGNORED

I'm (not) concerned with the Milan Djuric signing

EnclosureSurge

Partly to appease my OCD and partly because I like starting threads...

I'm not concerned about the signing of 6' 7" Jo Durie up front, because my mates who are Hellas Verona fans, when asked, said he was Cesena's best player when he played at lo Stadio Marc Antonio Bentegodi in their 0:3 reverse to table-topping Hellas last weekend. Mind, they are about fifth from bottom, mind. 

Maybe I am a little concerned after all. What i do like, though, is a bit of leaping to conclusions about whether these foreign signings are good signings, even though we haven't seen them play. On the other hand, they're all fit, all played last weekend/fixture and should be ready to plop into the team. Surely that's got to improve us, hasn't it?

I find myself conflicted, both heartened by the new faces - uplifted even; they have given me a "lift" - and at the same time, wary, knowing that rarely do 100% of signings in any transfer window prove to be a triumph.

Hello,

Time will tell, of course no one can guarantee this or that, but what i can tell you is what we, bosnians, think about this transfer. Djuric is popular player here, he is good player, he is nice guy as well,  always work hard, you will see his work rate for sure..will he be lucky or not, no one knows, but we all think that he will not need much time to settle to english style of play, he is strong, tall, he has movement, fantastic in the air, knows to play football as well. Maybe i speak with emotions, but this is true. I really would like and hope that you will like him and that he will help you in your progress. 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

People coming on here who have seen new signings played and giving a positive appraisal..? What next..?! 

When it was posted on Facebook (other social network sites are available) there were a lot of (what I assume to be) Bosnian people saying he was a good signing for us and even some Cesena fans saying they were sad he'd left.

1 hour ago, Bosnian beast said:

Hello,

Time will tell, of course no one can guarantee this or that, but what i can tell you is what we, bosnians, think about this transfer. Djuric is popular player here, he is good player, he is nice guy as well,  always work hard, you will see his work rate for sure..will he be lucky or not, no one knows, but we all think that he will not need much time to settle to english style of play, he is strong, tall, he has movement, fantastic in the air, knows to play football as well. Maybe i speak with emotions, but this is true. I really would like and hope that you will like him and that he will help you in your progress. 

Welcome BB.

From the various YouTube clips we've seen, Djuric looks powerful in the air, but also looks like he's got two decent feet and good with the ball on the floor / deck.

Is that your view too?

Out of interest, his goalscorer record / ratio is not great.  Any reason?  Is Italian football still defensive-minded?

Apologies if my Bristolian language cannot be interpreted very well.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Welcome BB.

From the various YouTube clips we've seen, Djuric looks powerful in the air, but also looks like he's got two decent feet and good with the ball on the floor / deck.

Is that your view too?

Out of interest, his goalscorer record / ratio is not great.  Any reason?  Is Italian football still defensive-minded?

Apologies if my Bristolian language cannot be interpreted very well.

I can say that is  what i/we bosnians generaly think about him. And we are happy that he will try himself in England, as he is very suitable for this league and style. Do not get me wrong, of course that we will love him and other our players to play for English or european top four, but it has to go step by step and he also need to prove his quality yet in stronger league than is serie b. He played for serie b team, and now will play for championship team but it is huge difference. The championship is UCL for serie b. Italian football is still defensive minded but they are not even best in that matter anymore. Their serie a is not so good as it was, only one great team recently. Cesena is not atacking team, they play slow football,  he did not have much delivery there,  but of course fair to say that he neither was always good and has his day...main point why i think that he will improve here it'beacuse higher tempo of the play, many aerial deliveries, i am sure that he will have enough shots and posibile goals then. Also there is something additionaly - everybody loves to play infront of full stadium and many fans. All english leagues are example of how it must be. That is also one of the reasons i like your football culture. Djuric will have here something he didn't have there. Look at their stadiums even in serie A...more  empty than  full.

Good example of what he is capable is his best NT performance - a must - win match against Wales. Not that he just scored and assist but trust me he terorised two Welsh CB-s...and they play there in your country against other quality forwards..his best club's performance was against Juventus, in their best team on the ground...his best u21 performance was against strong Germany side where he scored hattrick. And bosnian nt u21 side was very weak overally..

This is positive what i am writing about him. He will have bad days, he had it in Cesena and other teams he played as well, and no guarante that he will avoid some bad luck there, and nothing left now except to see what will happen. What i can be sure and share with you is his work rate, i am sure that you will be satisfied in that matter. Will he score enough or not, time will tell. I will follow, and will be happy if he will suit your team and fans.

19 minutes ago, Bosnian beast said:

I can say that is  what i/we bosnians generaly think about him. And we are happy that he will try himself in England, as he is very suitable for this league and style.

Will he score enough or not, time will tell. I will follow, and will be happy if he will suit your team and fans.

Really appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts. It's really good to hear your views on our new striker. Hopefully we will send him to your international matches with a few tricks from England.  If it works out well for him at Bristol City, he will definitely get watched by bigger teams although I hope we get 60 goals from him first!

14 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Really appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts. It's really good to hear your views on our new striker. Hopefully we will send him to your international matches with a few tricks from England.  If it works out well for him at Bristol City, he will definitely get watched by bigger teams although I hope we get 60 goals from him first!

Thanks. I hope too :) i will be happier if he score 20 goals and you get 60 points from that matches ;) that will be perfect :) do you know is there chance that he can play tommorow? 

3 minutes ago, Bosnian beast said:

Thanks. I hope too :) i will be happier if he score 20 goals and you get 60 points from that matches ;) that will be perfect :) do you know is there chance that he can play tommorow? 

There is a chance he will play tomorrow, but it depends if he is given international clearance.

Someone asked the club and they said we will have to wait until the team is announced tomorrow to find out.

I'm hoping to see a Djuric and Engvall partnership tomorrow, so fingers crossed.

6 minutes ago, Bosnian beast said:

Where are you Bosnian Beast ?

In the U.K. ?

Will you get a chance to see him play for us ?

A Bristol City Bosnian Supporters Branch sounds good :clapping:

4 minutes ago, Bosnian beast said:

Our club will not say until tomorrow.  He needs international clearance.

We are  playing in the FA cup,against a smaller side Fleetwood..... So I think the club are trying to get more fans to the game by not telling us....  Which leads me to believe the clearance has not got here in time. I hope I am wrong

If ihe does not play tomorrow, he will potentially make his debut in the biggest game of the season, against our main rivals.. Cardiff City, a Welsh team..  He has history of scoring against the Welsh, so I hope for more goals

22 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

There is a chance he will play tomorrow, but it depends if he is given international clearance.

Someone asked the club and they said we will have to wait until the team is announced tomorrow to find out.

I'm hoping to see a Djuric and Engvall partnership tomorrow, so fingers crossed.

Thanks for info. I will follow it tommorow.

22 minutes ago, TRL said:

Our club will not say until tomorrow.  He needs international clearance.

We are  playing in the FA cup,against a smaller side Fleetwood..... So I think the club are trying to get more fans to the game by not telling us....  Which leads me to believe the clearance has not got here in time. I hope I am wrong

If ihe does not play tomorrow, he will potentially make his debut in the biggest game of the season, against our main rivals.. Cardiff City, a Welsh team..  He has history of scoring against the Welsh, so I hope for more goals

Will see than..cant wait to see that match against Cardiff. Fingers crossed for you and Milan.

Archived