IGNORED

What's needed

redpole

I still think after today's performance we are lacking a RB who can get up and back, hold his position and able to get to goal line and cross a ball, we also need a quality back up striker to come off the bench.

Then there is a cm that will get the ball moving quick and move us forward quick, I like pack,smith,brownhill and reid but still think we need someone to go alongside the new German star who will slot into cm next week. 

I think we need the whole back line looking at urgently.

I'd set up 4-4-2 to be as solid as possible. I have no idea what I'd do with the defence but with what we have I would be happy to see the front 6 look like this:

O'Dowda Brownhill Hegeler Bryan

Djuric Abraham

That gives us legs in the midfield, pace out wide and hopefully a threat in the box. It also gives us plenty of options from the bench - of course I'm judging 2 players on today's perfotmrmances though!

13 minutes ago, redpole said:

I still think after today's performance we are lacking a RB who can get up and back, hold his position and able to get to goal line and cross a ball, we also need a quality back up striker to come off the bench.

Then there is a cm that will get the ball moving quick and move us forward quick, I like pack,smith,brownhill and reid but still think we need someone to go alongside the new German star who will slot into cm next week

We hope.

Some bite and aggression to start with, missed with a realisation that the opponents goal is at the end of the long part of the pitch. Its Only when we coach this simple fact into the team that we may just stop passing it sideways and backwards. This simple revelation in tactics would also have an effect on the crowd who rather than sit there quietly nodding off would spring to life and may even exercise their vocal cords now ands again. Oh and for good measure a decent winger in the transfer window, failing this how about telling the full backs they are allowed to overlap and run into acres of space down the wings, it may cause a nose bleed but the rewards are worth it. Simple game made ridiculously difficult by over thinking coaches.  Rant over, good night.

Archived