IGNORED

Transfers

Eddie Notgetinya

I've just had to have a word with myself for getting angry that as yet we haven't signed a GK, RB and a pacey winger.

That is testament to how well LJ, MA, SL and others have done in the last window and a half at getting people in. I've gone from not expecting much in each window to refreshing my phone every hour in anticipation such is the frequency of new arrivals that we have become accustomed to.

Hopefully the others will arrive in the coming weeks but I think we should all be thankful that we are in love with a club that aren't afraid to buy new players.

4 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

I think we need a new keeper. But it depends on how bad fielding injury is. If not to bad he will go with him .

Your first sentence is correct. Neither Fielding or O'Donnell are good enough in my opinion and never will be. Lucic, who knows. If it were me I'd be making a GK the next priority, ditch FF & ROD and have Lucic and Max O'Leary as backups.

It's worth bearing in mind that it's still pretty hard to make good value signings in January. We won't be building a complete top-6 standard squad in this window, just making progress towards it by taking any good opportunities that come and (hopefully) doing enough to ensure we're not relegated.

We might, for instance, need a new keeper if we're to compete at the top, but as long as the rest of the team is reasonably sound, I don't think we'll be relegated with Fielding and O'Donnell.

45 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

It's worth bearing in mind that it's still pretty hard to make good value signings in January. We won't be building a complete top-6 standard squad in this window, just making progress towards it by taking any good opportunities that come and (hopefully) doing enough to ensure we're not relegated.

We might, for instance, need a new keeper if we're to compete at the top, but as long as the rest of the team is reasonably sound, I don't think we'll be relegated with Fielding and O'Donnell.

Who knows, one of them may play better if they are more confident about the defence in front of them. ROD in particular looks like a confidence player and I think some of his mistakes have come from him, rushing to take charge when he could be leaving stuff to a defender.

Archived