IGNORED

Crowd on Saturday

Loosey Boy

16 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Anyone know how many tickets have been sold so far for Saturday?

See Cardiff had sold 1,500 at the start of the week and so expect 2k from them

go on I will start the ball rolling we can see later after the game who was nearest my estimate is 20675

It ought to be a sell-out. With every single City fan behind the team and LJ from the start to the finish.

Now's the time to support.

Moans and groans and recriminations need to be left at home.

The 4 of us will be there. The girls will have to give dancing a miss. Don't tell their mother!

5 hours ago, Fiale said:

It will be a sell out, but half the stadium will be empty, with a lot of confused fans turning up drunk at 3pm :facepalm:

This happened to a guy we know from the pub last time we played cardiff, I fully expect him to do the same again. It was pretty funny watching him walk down the road towards the ground as everyone was leaving towards the pubs. 

18 minutes ago, Keyardiv said:

Approx. 180 Cardiff tickets left this morning. Over 2,000 sold.

Surprised they haven't sold out already. Not far to go, not on the telly, not a particularly awkward time. Poor effort really. Still a lot of apathy towards their team it seems. Still, you reap what you sow.

Edit - just realised you're Cardiff! Would have framed my reply slightly differently if I'd realised, but the point still stands!

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Surprised they haven't sold out already. Not far to go, not on the telly, not a particularly awkward time. Poor effort really. Still a lot of apathy towards their team it seems. Still, you reap what you sow.

Edit - just realised you're Cardiff! Would have framed my reply slightly differently if I'd realised, but the point still stands!

We have had some shocking followings over there in recent years 

2 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Exactly this - it's a complete non event now, yet 10 years ago it was it was something to really look forward to.

that's what happens when you cant decide to just go, they make it to much of a pain, I don't like people assuming I can be trusted I thought we lived in a free country!

30 minutes ago, Keyardiv said:

There is a fair bit of apathy as can be seen by our home attendances. I'm not sure the Severnside derby is really what it once was either.

Growing up old man took me over to ninian park twice . Drew 1 1 first time following year spanked u 3 0 . Cracking atmosphere. Hostile especially being young. But loved it . Like u said it's not the same. Footballs not . But I still hope we give u hammering. Bring on tomorrow .GSTQ. :englandflag:

47 minutes ago, Rob k said:

We have had some shocking followings over there in recent years 

Normally because it's been on the telly, or it's been on a Friday night with no trains, or we've had to pick up tickets from service stations or some other similar nonsense - or even a combination of the above!

For an ordinary non-televised game with no particular restrictions on a Saturday, I believe we would easily have sold out the same allocation.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Normally because it's been on the telly, or it's been on a Friday night with no trains, or we've had to pick up tickets from service stations or some other similar nonsense - or even a combination of the above!

For an ordinary non-televised game with no particular restrictions on a Saturday, I believe we would easily have sold out the same allocation.

Still shit though to take 800 no matter what 

18 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just checked this out. The game you are referring to (in 2011) was a bubble match. That changes everything. So I don't agree with your "no matter what" statement.

Which your perfectly entitled to do! 

Let's just hope we win tomorrow 

Shame I can't make this game tomorrow, my 3yr daughter has put paid to that, otherwise....I'd be shouting my head off and supporting the boys to victory! Need all you City boys n girls to make it loud, hostile and most importantly supportive.

The importance of this game can't be underestimated. Will be nerve shredding methinks but.....keeping the faith!! COYR!! :colder::city:

1 hour ago, Keyardiv said:

Weren't there games around that time when you were only getting 12,000-13,000 for your home leg of the fixture? Or was that just a reduced capacity thing?

No, reduced capacity applied from 2014-16.  Certainly back then crowds of 12-13k were pretty normal.  The growth in our attendances has been impressive since the redevelopment - particularly given our pretty ordinary season on the pitch.  Anything less than 20k is now seen as a bit of a disappointment.  Suggests good progress off the pitch at least.

Archived