IGNORED

Record breakers this weekend (Merged)

Alan Dicks' Barmy Army

A defeat this weekend will see LJ equal the all time joint record of 7 straight league defeats for Bristol City. 

This has been done 4 times in our history as per below:

05-09-1931 - 03-10-1931

03-10-1970 - 07-11-1970

22-10-2005 - 06-12-2005

06-10-2012 - 11-11-2012

This could be a momentously bad weekend and I think if he can pull off this loss he's sure to get the record all to himself. 

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

A defeat this weekend will see LJ equal the all time joint record of 7 straight league defeats for Bristol City. 

This has been done 4 times in our history as per below:

05-09-1931 - 03-10-1931

03-10-1970 - 07-11-1970

22-10-2005 - 06-12-2005

06-10-2012 - 11-11-2012

This could be a momentously bad weekend and I think if he can pull off this loss he's sure to get the record all to himself. 

Who were the managers during those bad runs?

1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

bet all the LJ haters getting a lazyone reading this....

You don't need the emotive language; it's a very poor record and a dreadful return for the money spent.

LJ has got to turn it around now; hopefully those three new signings will do the trick and liven things up then we can move ahead with Championship status assured and Academy products being brought through over the next year but if there's another month of poor performances then that should be it.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Twice in about one hundred and eight years and the twice in seven years.

Will it be three in twelve years? And we're supposed to be going places aren't we?

It's refreshing to know we're never more than 4 seasons away from self-implosion.

We are the footballing equivalent of a booby trap for anyone stupid enough to get too excited. Finger always poised over the self-destruct button. Rake always ready to be stepped on.

OR (for full OTIB inclusivity) these are the natural transitions of teams that are going places, using the stealth of not actually going anywhere for about two months, a mere blip on an epic voyage of discovery*

*that discovery generally being of sensible tactics and best team

15 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Bradshaw was clueless 

Personally I thought he was ahead of his time, bringing the half backs deeper on the pitch, doing resistance training on the inside forwards, and asking his players to wear Nike Mercurial Vapors on account of his endorsement deal.

My personal highlight of his cruelly underated spell as manager was when he started monitoring players positioning and movement during training using a bloke in a tethered hot air balloon with an easel and canvas, desperately trying to paint their OPTA average position.

Had it not been for the idiots on here that can't see that early 20th century football is moving on, I fully expect that Joe would have had us playing some really neat tippy tappy stuff and would probably have signed Steve Claridge to play the false 9 position.

7 straight league losses, so well done lads and well done Lee, you're doing a great job mate but at least it's your dream job, you are getting paid a fortune and you face the probability of a massive pay off that will set you up for life - sadly, we have to pay to come and get depressed every week and Whereby it spoils both our weekend and lives!!

I must admit today's game has left me feeling empty and frustrated.

I struggle to understand how we seemingly try and sit back on a one goal lead....Reading gave us a lesson not more that 2 weeks ago.....I'm hoping that things turn....if they don't February will be the gloomiest month in my (relative short in comparison to some on here) BCFC Supporting years.

25 minutes ago, Dorset_Cider said:

But...........Lee states    "I want success for this club more than anybody"

Oh yeah?

Just had enough of this we all do that doesn't mean I should manage us!  just do one LJ your lost all confidence with fans and players and we are only heading one way with you! 

Archived