IGNORED

The New South Bristol Link Road

RedLionLad

The new South Bristol Link Road opens on Monday 16th January and could be used to avoid Hartcliffe Way/Parson Street/Bedminster Down Road and Winterstoke Road altogether in future.

From Lidl at Hartcliffe on Whitchurch Lane you will be able to go directly across to The Queens Head, up King George's Road, over Highridge Common, across the A38 and down to the A370 LA Bypass next to the Ashton P+R and get to Ashton Gate from the far side.

• Admin

Too many junctions and traffic lights...... why the **** can't Bristol and the surrounding Councils create a real ring road, that has slip roads on and off, until that happens it's going to be stagnation.

I was in London today, had to travel round a bit, tube and bus, Oyster card, easy......... Bristol is a basket case

29 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Too many junctions and traffic lights...... why the **** can't Bristol and the surrounding Councils create a real ring road, that has slip roads on and off, until that happens it's going to be stagnation.

I was in London today, had to travel round a bit, tube and bus, Oyster card, easy......... Bristol is a basket case

Unless there is a tube strike then it's a living hell.

Bristol... well we all know the powers that be couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery.

Should have built up and gone down the sky train route. Having see this done in various cities and built on small roads, this may have been expensive, but surely better than the mish mash air fairly traffic jam causing cock up we will be ending up with.

Opened by the Transport Minister and almost immediately a crash happens. Yes, a Range Rover and a tipper truck came together at the Lime Kiln roundabout as the Parliamentary Under Secretary posed for the official photographs. The new bit of South Bristol's magnificent network apparently has some confusing markings, according to the Post:

'Approaching from the west, or the A370 Long Ashton Bypass, the new road splits into three lanes to enter the roundabout, but the middle and right-hand lanes are only for traffic turning right up to the A38 towards Bristol Airport.

'The three lanes suddenly stop halfway across the roundabout, causing confusion among drivers, and two lanes exit the roundabout onto the new road towards Hartcliffe.' 

Range Rover driver: I was in the correct lane.

Tipper truck driver: I was in the correct lane, because I helped to build this road - I laid the tarmac.

Rumours that the Hippodrome is about to relocate to the new Metrobus road due to the great potential for pantomime are not confirmed as yet.

Virtute et Industria!

Archived