IGNORED

Have you ever watched City for free? If so, please tell.

Norn Iron

Years ago I was in the queue for tickets at the Williams stand ticket office and an old bloke walked up to me and asked if I needed a ticket for the game. 

Thinking he had already bought an extra one he couldn't use and saving time in the queue I said yes.

He then gave me his brothers season ticket book and told me his brother couldn't make it to this match and to find someone to give it to. I asked him how much and he said nothing, his brother just wanted someone to enjoy the game.

So I sat in the Williams stand chatting to this fantastic gent for most of the match. Lots of talk about the old days. He was in the forces and at the time so was I.

I think at the end of the match I managed to get him to take a fiver for a pint for him and his brother (yes it was a while ago).

I've never seen him since. Can't even remember what game it was.

What an absolute gent though.

Been a fair few times under comps given to schools (from when I was a kid) but my brother and his mate and his mates Grandad (who is a well known south bristol publican) used to get freebies off the players including Scotty iirc. They went every week and my brother and his mate would muck about in the sand in front the Dolman. 

4 hours ago, Corsham Ed said:

My son and I went Oxford United when they use to play at Headington. One of his first away games watching City. We were queuing at the turnstile and the lad collecting the money said, "how old is your boy" I said 8, he said " take him through with you and you won't have to pay for him" which I thought was a really nice gesture. 

I went to Port Vale in mid 2000s, with my son, who was about 5. Steward lifted him over the turnstile and in for nothing! Nice one, and saved me a few bob.

Archived