IGNORED

Leroy Lita

Ashton98

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

So after all this time of so many blaming Danny Wilson for not even having Lita on the bench there is a perfectly good explanation for his absence? I do not recall DW ever opening up about the reasoning can anybody else? Or am I talking completely out of time context?

Danny was sacked straight after. 

If this is true I offer deepest apologies to Danny Wilson. I always blamed him for not starting Lita  at the Millenium and in many other games in League 1.  Danny must have been covering for Lita all the way through that season. When you hear the story about what Lita did to Scot Murray late one night it all makes sense. Sorry again Danny.

5 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

If this is true I offer deepest apologies to Danny Wilson. I always blamed him for not starting Lita  at the Millenium and in many other games in League 1.  Danny must have been covering for Lita all the way through that season. When you hear the story about what Lita did to Scot Murray late one night it all makes sense. Sorry again Danny.

What's the story with Murray and lita? 

1 minute ago, Chris_Brown said:

It reads to me like he was on the piss because he was left out rather than being left out because he'd been on the piss.

I thought it meant that Lita was too pissed from the night before to even be on the bench so he went off and got even more pissed with Clayton Fortune. Another massive underachiever.

4 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

It reads to me like he was on the piss because he was left out rather than being left out because he'd been on the piss.

This is what he said, but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story 

25 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Danny Wilson was a bigger pisshead than all of them, Lita wasted his career tho, lowest of the low

Gets murkier and murkier. May have to retract my 2 apologies to Wilson if what you are saying is true mate.

The whole getting pissed scenario was not helped by the fact that Wilson continued to live in Chesterfield while managing City.

We are lead to believe that times have changed since those days. Eg. Gary Johnson telling us and the players that they could prolong their athletic careers if they didn't get pissed regularly? I can imagine he wouldn't have stood for it. (Oh God no, .... David Noble .... but then ...... GJ finally had had enough?)

Still baffles me that Christian Roberts couldn't go on the pitch unless he was pissed and the Management let him on! I mean how do you hold it in, even for 45 minutes?

Archived