IGNORED

Another bloody poll...

brizzlelou

Should LJ get the boot/resign?  

384 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today was the tipping point for me. Such a diabolical run is inexcusable with this squad. You can't lose 10/11 and point to anything other than managerial failings over that many games.

I'm sad to have come to that conclusion though, I like Johnson and wanted him to do well. As part of the wider club he seemed a good fit, but ultimately and quite rightly he has to live or die by results.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Today was the tipping point for me. Such a diabolical run is inexcusable with this squad. You can't lose 10/11 and point to anything other than managerial failings over that many games.

I'm sad to have come to that conclusion though, I like Johnson and wanted him to do well. As part of the wider club he seemed a good fit, but ultimately and quite rightly he has to live or die by results.

That's where I'm starting to land...

But then I keep thinking ffs that's two out of three home games we've had the lead, or had the resilience to take back the lead and chucked it away again. Do we need to harden up on the manager or is it the players. Should we not expect them to be other than soft as crap and have an ability to get in faces rather than do all the hard work and become shrinking violets they currently are... I'm just not sure. 

I think I am edging towards the players should take a closer look at themselves. (Just). 

LJ could have made it easier. At 1-0 or 2-1 either of LT or GON had to come on. Simply had to. That experience, wherewithal, ability to keep the ball, ability to unlock a team coming for us.... he got omitting them at either of those points incredibly wrong. 

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think that's the real issue for me. McIness bought shit players. Millen inherited shit players and O'Driscoll, well - he was just O'Driscoll. Cotterill wasn't backed and handed LJ exactly what you'd want to be handed by any departing manager. A small tight knit 'group' of players, all of whom you could consider pretty reasonable at Championship level. A real blank canvas with next to no deadwood  

LJ has been lucky enough to add real quality to the squad. All financial constraints we've ever seen in the past have been smashed and we've got the mercurial skill of Tomlin, a man who's been promoted from this league umpteen times in GON, internationals and players with champions league experience. 

The squad is very very good. Better than I've ever known it. But he can't make the players perform. 

Any other manager would relish the opportunity of such a talented squad, but we can't even draw a bastard game. 

I know SL is very fond of Lee. But surely, surely he must be put out of his misery soon?

I'm one who has now changed his mind.

I like the idea of a good, young British manager who could take us places for years to come.

Unfortunately it appears that it isn't going to be little Lee.

On another note, we do seem to have made some decent signings (so why aren't we winning!), but I don't know how much of the 'selling' of the club to them has been done by Lee and how much by Ashton/others?

We should be able to attract a reasonable manager, Lansdown has shown he is willing to give them as much time as he possibly can, and back them with transfer funds.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

I think that's the real issue for me. McIness bought shit players. Millen inherited shit players and O'Driscoll, well - he was just O'Driscoll. Cotterill wasn't back and handed LJ exactly what you'd want to be handed by any departing manager. A small tight knit 'group' of players, all of whom you could consider pretty reasonable at Championship level. 

LJ has been lucky enough to add real quality to the squad. All financial constraints we've ever seen in the past have been smashed and we've got the mercurial skill of Tomlin, a man who's been promoted from this league umpteen times in GON, internationals and players with champions league experience. 

The squad is very very good. Better than I've ever known it. But he can't make the players perform. 

Any other manager would relish the opportunity of such a talented squad, but we can't even draw a bastard game. 

I know SL is very fond of Lee. But surely, surely he must be put out of his misery soon?

We're on the same page Fordy.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

We're on the same page Fordy.

My biggest fear now is that we're going to replay the mistake we've made in selling Ayling, but with Freeman. But it'll be too late. And in 6 months he'll be tearing everyone a new one with QPR. Everyone will be asking "why did we get rid?". And the answer will be simple: because we had a shit manager. 

Before the 3 signings i would of said any half decent manager could make us top 15 easilly.....,.with the additional signings now i would of said any manager who had a clue would finish top 10. I have tried to stay behind LJ but my god he is pathetic, i would rate him as worse than McInnes and SOD now.....make no mistake we will go down if we stick with him and that will be the most talented team league 1 has ever seen. How he has us anywhere cose to the relegation zone is absolutlely baffling. 

If he respects this club like he claims he will walk.

I 99% agree with what is being said on this thread but I think people are overestimating our squad a bit too much. No way are the likes of Reid, Pack, Flint, Fielding, Bryan or Paterson players capable of a top ten finish. It takes more than just poor management to lose 10 out of 11. 

1 minute ago, Kim_il_sung said:

I 99% agree with what is being said on this thread but I think people are overestimating our squad a bit too much. No way are the likes of Reid, Pack, Flint, Fielding, Bryan or Paterson players capable of a top ten finish. It takes more than just poor management to lose 10 out of 11. 

Agree with what you say about certain players,and can add a few more to your list.

I do though feel with the right tactics/team selection we are very capable of a mid table/slightly below finish with the current squad.

a commanding keeper wouldn't go amiss mind,and I see such an acquisition as a priority.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

My biggest fear now is that we're going to replay the mistake we've made in selling Ayling, but with Freeman. But it'll be too late. And in 6 months he'll be tearing everyone a new one with QPR. Everyone will be asking "why did we get rid?". And the answer will be simple: because we had a shit manager. 

I don't always agree with you Fordy, but I absoloutely agree on this. Selling Ayling was a colossal error, and now losing Freeman could end up being another one of those decisions we rue in years to come.

Just now, OddBallJim said:

I don't always agree with you Fordy, but I absoloutely agree on this. Selling Ayling was a colossal error, and now losing Freeman could end up being another one of those decisions we rue in years to come.

Well, be prepared for a clear out if a new manager comes in. Freeman will just be the start of it; for good or bad its an inevitable aftermath of a manager leaving a club. Probably why, given half the window has gone, that if the club do make a change they should install JP until the season ends.

Never been so depressed after todays game, the fans talk was all the same as I trudged out and it certainly wasnt to keep LJ. Considering most of them dont even do OTIB I think that if SL ignores what we the paying public think....he does so naively, I think he is trying to re-invent the wheel and there is no need to, just pay the money for a proven manager ( and most managers have had the sack from some team at some time) and get this team firing on 4 cylinders again.Easy ?  It wont be but the one thing SL can count on is us fans if he does right by us.

14 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I used to go into a depression if City lost. Now it's so commonplace, I don't give a flying ****!

Yes you do, or you wouldn't be on here.

We all ******* care. Too much it seems, we've all got family that leave us, by ther own volition or due to the grim reaper. But we care, not enough? Too much? Who knows.

I reckon I'm on option 2. Probably makes me a *****, but **** it, I'll see you all next week.

Just now, glynriley said:

Yes you do, or you wouldn't be on here.

We all ******* care. Too much it seems, we've all got family that leave us, by ther own volition or due to the grim reaper. But we care, not enough? Too much? Who knows.

I reckon I'm on option 2. Probably makes a *****, but **** it, I'll see you all next week.

Yeah, you got me......!

I hate chop and changing and have fully backed LJ up until end of December , then I was distracted by the new signings and I  thought would give him one last chance.  Then today happened and  was the last straw. 

LJ is a nice guy and I think he will become a good manager ..... but this job came too soon for him... I wonder if LJ will regret taking his 'Dream' job so early in his career?

Archived