IGNORED

Energy

MyBrotherErnie

For all the talk of marginal gains and sports science, I can't remember a City team that has looked so unenergetic on and off the ball. No one making runs, no one closing down and no one trying anything in the final third. Only compounded by the decision to drop Reid and Tomlin, and Freeman's seemingly inevitable departure. Embarrassing really. 

Spot on.

I thought the first ten minutes summed this up, Bailey Wright runs to take quick throws but has no options at all.

Probably used to a different tempo at Preston, by the second half he realised those in front of him were jogging half heartedly and slowed down..

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Spot on.

I thought the first ten minutes summed this up, Bailey Wright runs to take quick throws but has no options at all.

Probably used to a different tempo at Preston, by the second half he realised those in front of him were jogging half heartedly and slowed down..

Agreed. We really need a 'bastard' in the team. Hey, perhaps that could've been Tomlin gobbing off at the bystanders. One things for sure, if he doesn't start he's coming on at the 60m mark for me to bark orders, gee up and just keep the goddamn ball. 

This all over. Our lack of movement is shocking. It shows up massively when you play Brighton etc who do this in droves. 

No wonder we end up lumping it and theres zero options. 

The pedestrian rate of our passing is abysmal. 

New manager, new momentum, more emphasis on passing and move from the new manager and we'll be fine. 

15 minutes ago, Marty said:

Tend to agree. Found myself shouting at the players a lot for them to move.

The first sign of players not committed to the manager i'd say is lack of movement i.e less effort. 

Dont want to aim the effort issue at players as i think most give their all but theyre either getting sh1t instruction from LJ or they arent following instruction. Like watching statues. 

My take on it is players' positivity levels are low. When these are low, energy and enthusiasm tends to drain away quickly .....if it's there at all. Bit like depression. I wonder whether some players are in fact in a state of depression ATM. I know many fans are. A win will change this. Oh hang on.........

I've long been convinced that fitness is a big factor in conceding late goals. LJ says they work hard in training but how does 2 hours a day compare with the double sessions the likes of Pochettino and Conte favour?

As far as I can tell the culture seems very relaxed in a typically Bristol City way. Time for a lot more intensity?

Archived