IGNORED

Lack of Action Man

Stating the obvious to an extent, but can't help but feel that we could have had around 20500-21000 if we hadn't have been on this hideous losing streak, despite the midday kick off.

Shame really, though the atmosphere was good today a few people I know were expecting a slightly bigger attendance.

Also, completely unrelated but when CIty went 1-0 up, Betfred were very briefly offering 25-1 on a Cardiff win.:grr:

2 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Stating the obvious to an extent, but can't help but feel that we could have had around 20500-21000 if we hadn't have been on this hideous losing streak, despite the midday kick off.

Shame really, though the atmosphere was good today a few people I know were expecting a slightly bigger attendance.

Also, completely unrelated but when CIty went 1-0 up, Betfred were very briefly offering 25-1 on a Cardiff win.:grr:

I think they will be very lucky to get any where like that for the next home match, short of sacking Johnson most people have had enough, there is only so much crap people can take, I am getting very close to my limit I hate to say

1 minute ago, pillred said:

I think they will be very lucky to get any where like that for the next home match, short of sacking Johnson most people have had enough, there is only so much crap people can take, I am getting very close to my limit I hate to say

The board are very lucky the fans are still paying through the gates at the prices being charged for depressing football 

Cracking attendance all things considered. The City faithful blow me away every home match with their loyalty. 12 losses in 13 and most clubs would have turned long ago. Makes me very proud to be a Bristol City fan but if the fans turn, which it looks like they may have done, finally, then Steve Lansdown will not ignore that for long. We know him well enough to know he will push the button and soon if this continues.

1 minute ago, pillred said:

You're not wrong there. Attendances will plummet and our new ground will look silly if that happens.

Bums on seats = money. We've spent what can only be described as a shitload of money this season, so I am curious as to how the club will react when our attendamces drop and drop.

I was pleased there wasn't loads of booing at the end. The players don't need that, the manager doesn't need it either. You can see they all trying and care. What was noticeable though was very few were clapping the players at the end when they were clapping the fans. It was really quiet, weird kind of unbelievably believable result - wait did that make sense?

39 minutes ago, Flagon said:

I was pleased there wasn't loads of booing at the end. The players don't need that, the manager doesn't need it either. You can see they all trying and care. What was noticeable though was very few were clapping the players at the end when they were clapping the fans. It was really quiet, weird kind of unbelievably believable result - wait did that make sense?

yes I know what you meant basically only city could have done it

34 minutes ago, Nube Rojo said:

where were you sat? loads of booing coming from the Dolman after yet another atrocious capitulation!

In the Dolman, not saying there wasn't any just not what I thought it might be. Quite a few that would definitely have booed did leave though I think. I stayed till the end and watched all the players leave the pitch and I felt it was really quiet as they walked off. Think everyone was numb

15 minutes ago, Flagon said:

In the Dolman, not saying there wasn't any just not what I thought it might be. Quite a few that would definitely have booed did leave though I think. I stayed till the end and watched all the players leave the pitch and I felt it was really quiet as they walked off. Think everyone was numb

I didn`t think loads did leave early today, certainly it was much busier in the concourses and walking back to the car than usual and I did actually think in the ground that lots were staying - I thought there might have been a massive protest at the end or something and that`s why they hadn`t left. The booing when it came just seemed a bit resigned and more of a token gesture than anything else.

I think everyone was just too , as you said in your post, numb to do anything else to be honest and just wanted to get out at the final whistle.

I think the whole match day experience for families in particular has really improved with the stadium development and has really helped attendances remain good despite the poor run. I think it massively helps too that we are in every game. Incredibly frustrating of course but I have rarely come away from a game this season, if at all, thinking we had no chance of getting anything. I think Brighton has been the only game where I've felt they were too tough for us to break down but even their 2 shots and only shots on target that went in came directly from our mistakes 

16 hours ago, pillred said:

It costs me £30 to get to a home game and a good chunk of time if I want top park anywhere near the ground ( plus the season ticket cost).  Have a feeling I will be watching Mr Stelling on a Saturday afternoon until this plays its self out. Once again it feels like I am going because its what I do and not because its what I WANT TO DO. 

1 hour ago, BS3_RED said:

It costs me £30 to get to a home game and a good chunk of time if I want top park anywhere near the ground ( plus the season ticket cost).  Have a feeling I will be watching Mr Stelling on a Saturday afternoon until this plays its self out. Once again it feels like I am going because its what I do and not because its what I WANT TO DO. 

yes its certainly not much fun supporting city at the moment is it if, the critics said a particular film was a pile of s%$t would anybody go and see it, yet at the moment that's what we are getting

Archived