IGNORED

Late goals

Jacki

One of the most worrying things for me at the moment is the number goals we have let in of late. In every one of the last 5 games (defeats) we have conceded in the last 10 minutes of games. I was really hopeful that today, with Hegeler and Wright in the side for the first time, we might have the knowhow to close it out. But yet again our weakness was exposed. It feels inevitable that we will concede late in games. 

Are our players not fit enough? Mentally, physically or both? Is it down to confidence? There's something fundamentally wrong, that's for sure. We just cave in under the slightest pressure.

LJ said today that they'll work on closing out games in training this week. If they haven't been doing that already after the last few games I really do despair.....

After yesterday's game LJ said 'There is fear late in games'.

My reckoning concludes that so far this season we have conceded late goals (75th minute onwards) in nine league games and it has cost us 12 points. Had we managed not to have conceded in these games we'd now be 10th in the table on 39 points!

Archived