IGNORED

Lee Johnson contract

Top Robin

Are there any clever folks out there who have any idea what the terms of his current 4 year contract may be.

Surely SL would have made it subject to performance, wins, league position etc.......he's a pretty astute businessman quite used to penning contracts.

Therefore, can it be as simple that if we sack him he gets 4 years of pay.

Also, if he resigns I am sure a mutually agreeable settlement can be arrived at or does he walk away with peanuts.

I would forget his contract. It's not our problem, it's SL's. And I doubt he cares really whether he pays 12m, 24m, 48m wages in compensation. It was clear when he got his extension it was for the dressing room and for the jan signings to take note and a showing of faith. If it costs SL an extra £500k to have that outward display I'm sure he'd have taken a calculated gamble and decided what he was prepared to do. 

As for what it costs us the answer in theory is very simple - it depends what notice period he has in his contract. For all we or anyone know he could have and have always had a 12m notice period or the same as his original deal so the extension costs nothing extra but gave him more gravitas. 

3 minutes ago, Marty said:

I'm sure (read, I'm probably wrong) that LJ's employment is performance related just like any other job. In that if you fail / excel in what's expected of you, procedures will be in place to recognise the fact and deal with accordingly. 

Flippin hope so! 

Archived