IGNORED

Bailey Wright

formerly known as ivan

Mixed league debut today...

For the majority of it I thought he bought real class and composure to the back line and then it all seemed to go wrong.

Firstly, the 'stamp' on his back in the corner. I'm all for professionalism but can't help but feel had he made more of it the Cardiff player could have seen red. Instead he stood up and shook his hand.

Then their second equaliser. Not had a chance to see it again but thought he was caught flat footed and the ball came into an area he should had been clearing up.

Things like that, added to the terrible challenge by Little for the pen, sums us up at the moment!

Thought he was the only one that showed a bit of grit today. The only one not to let Cardiff players bring balls from the air or to feet. Constantly trying to get in front of attackers to break up play. Flint and Hegeler let players back into them and play the ball off far too much. Get in them, kick them and push them. Take a yellow every so often. Look at Sol Bamba, a few fouls and a yellow but he also got away with a lot of pushing and grabbing. We are far too nice and I believe Wright has a bit of grit to his game. 

I liked the look of Wright. Although not the tallest of centre backs, he won a lot in the air. I didn't think he was at fault for the goal - looked like Bryan was caught out. For 70 mins today we looked v solid. We get edgy in the latter stages due the poor run (fans included). 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Thought he was the only one that showed a bit of grit today. The only one not to let Cardiff players bring balls from the air or to feet. Constantly trying to get in front of attackers to break up play. Flint and Hegeler let players back into them and play the ball off far too much. Get in them, kick them and push them. Take a yellow every so often. Look at Sol Bamba, a few fouls and a yellow but he also got away with a lot of pushing and grabbing. We are far too nice and I believe Wright has a bit of grit to his game. 

Thought he was excellent today.  He likes to defend, good awareness, and covers well.  Made one mistake today, and sorted it out himself through pure determination.  We've got a good one here. 

15 minutes ago, RightUpInCider said:

It was Wrights man that Joe was trying to cover for him.

Exactly how I seen it on the highlights. Yes he ran off Bryan but the ball was floated into an area Wright should have taken responsibility for. Bryan was always playing catch up on his man and the ball should have been cleared before it got to their player.

20 minutes ago, RightUpInCider said:

It was Wrights man that Joe was trying to cover for him.

Doesn't discount that we twice lost possession on build up very carelessly 

13 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Mixed league debut today...

For the majority of it I thought he bought real class and composure to the back line and then it all seemed to go wrong.

Firstly, the 'stamp' on his back in the corner. I'm all for professionalism but can't help but feel had he made more of it the Cardiff player could have seen red. Instead he stood up and shook his hand.

Then their second equaliser. Not had a chance to see it again but thought he was caught flat footed and the ball came into an area he should had been clearing up.

Things like that, added to the terrible challenge by Little for the pen, sums us up at the moment!

This is the problem with Little, I'm always half expecting him to make a mistake 

Archived