IGNORED

Nottingham Forest Sack Philippe Montanier

Chris

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

I think he'll get 5 more games at least tbh. He's just had three signings sanctioned and today was the first league game where he's been able to play them. Why let him sign them if he could be sacked after 1 more game?

5 games and we're into the home straight. He should get a little time to see if the three can help change things. I'm fearful. 

2 minutes ago, Cider Army said:

And our next league game is?  new manager effect..

The timing is annoying isn't it? There's a good chance the Forest players will be out to prove a point.

Something I was thinking about, many are calling for Rowett to be appointed, but with the continental scouting happening more at City, I wonder if anyone at the club is checking out foreign managers too? Many Championship clubs now non British managers so there could be a chance we look abroad.

9 minutes ago, Im_over_ere said:

The timing is annoying isn't it? There's a good chance the Forest players will be out to prove a point.

Something I was thinking about, many are calling for Rowett to be appointed, but with the continental scouting happening more at City, I wonder if anyone at the club is checking out foreign managers too? Many Championship clubs now non British managers so there could be a chance we look abroad.

I wondered that... and started to look at out of work French, German and Italian managers....and then stumbled across Remi Garde. Fortunately I ten stumbled across Laurent Blanc (but can't see him coming here)  

17 minutes ago, Im_over_ere said:

It's certainly something we don't need right now..I'm not sure any of us can cope with another defeat I really hope I'm wrong but a week until we have forest it doesn't look good.

21 minutes ago, Im_over_ere said:

Yep, I've wondered about a non british manager and whether one has/is being scouted.

I do think if LJ is to go, it has to be now. I got the impression from MA's interview that action would be taken if we didn't start winning. We haven't. I don't think SL and the board can risk relegation and LJ isn't sorting it out even though we have signed some good players.

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

Won two trophies in first full season. Not backed in the following summer window and sacked 20 games later. Bristol City for you.

There can't be many clubs or chairmen that wouldn't have backed a manager after achieving success like that in such a short period of time......

Does anyone ever think we'll look back one day and thank Lee Johnson for what he did for Bristol City FC?

39 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Philippe Montanier NFFC gets 12 points from a possible 33 out of the last 11 games (3W-3D-5L)

Lee Johnson BCFC gets 3 points from a possible 33 out of the last 11 games (1W-0D-10L)

Guess who gets sacked.

You do know the sacking wasn't based off the last 11 games right?

5 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

Just you watch them bring Rowett in

As others have said I believe discussions have broken down, for now.

4 hours ago, Im_over_ere said:

Huddersfield is a rare plus point with foreign Championship managers.. he is German. I would prefer a German over these 'has been' southern Europe types IF a vacancy came up anytime soon.

I did not include Newcastle in this foreign manager comparison because they are a bit of a one off with the huge pull and cash they have.

8 hours ago, Im_over_ere said:

Is Bennie still available?

9 hours ago, shelts said:

5 games and we're into the home straight. He should get a little time to see if the three can help change things. I'm fearful. 

Five games , transfer window closed very , very tightly .

That's exactly when I think SL will act if our run continues.

I'd do one of three things 

1) Put LJ ON gardening leave , send him off ' scouting ' for a while .

and

2) Bring in an old head like Joe Jordan to assist him .

Or

3) Sack LJ if we lose to Fleetwood ( which is more than likely) and Forest which is possible.

We are Bristol City , up Shit Creek , again . 

8 hours ago, Lucan said:

Plus Forest have all sorts of injuries, embargoes and takeover rumors to deal with

Farcical that little Lee hangs on like a barnacle....

The proposed takeover by US investors has fallen through so they're stuck with the clown of an owner, which at least gives us some hope.:fingerscrossed:

5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

As others have said I believe discussions have broken down, for now.

Huddersfield is a rare plus point with foreign Championship managers.. he is German. I would prefer a German over these 'has been' southern Europe types IF a vacancy came up anytime soon.

I did not include Newcastle in this foreign manager comparison because they are a bit of a one off with the huge pull and cash they have.

Jaap Stam is Dutch he's doing well at Reading. Jovanovic OK at Fulham and helped take Watford up also.

Mixed bag basically as Zola and Montaner and others show.

Archived