IGNORED

FAO Lee Johnson

Redmycolour

Lee.if you are reading tthis.you walked off (nearly ran)with tail between your legs disgraced.you didn't even turn too applause the fans who gave the team great support yesterday.do the honest thing and resign for the sake of BCFC the team you suppose to love.we pay good money to this club know is the time to go.

1 hour ago, shelts said:

I didn't particularly like that either. Happy to clap the faithful when doing ok. Did he not do the same against Reading?

There comes a point where all this gets a little awkward. Do I/ don't I still applaud the faithful after nine defeats in ten, or ten in eleven? I think we have sailed past that point now, I can understand him nipping off sharpish now. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

There comes a point where all this gets a little awkward. Do I/ don't I still applaud the faithful after nine defeats in ten, or ten in eleven? I think we have sailed past that point now, I can understand him nipping off sharpish now. 

At least gather around his troops. Running off is such a visual demonstration of his mindset. 

Reading through this forum, it looks like the sour grapes you all believed Barnsley fans were suffering from when you signed him, might not have been grapes, but just the honest opinion of football fans who had spent months watching the same shite you're getting now. 

Just now, Rascal said:

Reading through this forum, it looks like the sour grapes you all believed Barnsley fans were suffering from when you signed him, might not have been grapes, but just the honest opinion of football fans who had spent months watching the same shite you're getting now. 

You could well be right sonshine. Thanks . 

1 minute ago, Rascal said:

Thing is, and I didn't particularly do cartwheels when he joined , but you tend to ignore other fans murmurings about new Bosses/players and hope this will work for you. I read how he had studied techniques from around the world and studied coaches and looked on the bright side. I saw the posts about long losing runs and thought he had learned from that.  Now we are where we are. There seems no end to this run, I said at 1-1 I couldn't see us winning again and LJ too looks devoid of ideas. You probably hear a big sigh of aaahhhh I see what they were on about now, but don't expect a pat on the back and a thanks any time soon :cool:

5 hours ago, Rascal said:

Some of us have known it from the day he was appointed. And said so. Then just had to wait long enough to be proved right. 

The more worrying thing is our owner was taken in by it. 

1 minute ago, hay dens party said:

Very well said :clap:

5 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Some of us have known it from the day he was appointed. And said so. Then just had to wait long enough to be proved right. 

Well said. I said exactly the same thing when he was appointed as he had no background of success. I was accused of being negative at the time but I was simply being realistic. 

We have to be careful of upsetting SL though as if he walks away we are in big trouble. Wouldn't want an Italian/ Chinese American in the seat of power.

10 minutes ago, NickJ said:

By 'know it' you mean 'didn't like him as a player so wrote him off before you knew one way or the other' ? 

Or do you have access to a crystal ball?

8 hours ago, redmycolour said:

Lee.if you are reading tthis.you walked off (nearly ran)with tail between your legs disgraced.you didn't even turn too applause the fans who gave the team great support yesterday.do the honest thing and resign for the sake of BCFC the team you suppose to love.we pay good money to this club know is the time to go.

The ideal man to save city, took 3 pts off us yesterday. Warnock wouldn't be my first choice, but he does put out fires. Bring in someone with premiership experience.

26 minutes ago, NickJ said:

And aren't you just loving it.

Pathetic. 

I was underwhelmed when he arrived back at City but was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and not to criticise without good reason. So I kept my thoughts to myself until November just gone.

We have now gained seven points out of the last forty-five and have surrendered either a winning or drawing position in the last ten minutes of the last five or six games.

I cannot wait to see him skulking out of Ashton Gate, never to return.

7 hours ago, Rascal said:

There was never any bitterness or sour grapes. 99% of Barnsley fans were unmoved when he jumped ship. The only gripe was the lack of loyalty he showed. But, as I've said countless times on here, I don't blame him for going, it ticked many boxes for him. 

But you're right pal, so many Bristol City fans on here were mocking us, calling us bitter, telling us to suck it up, proclaiming LJ their God. Etc Etc. 

Sparse now aren't they?

I still suggest they get/stay behind him. He's going nowhere. And, he turned around our record equalling run of defeats. Absolutely no guarantee the new man will be any better long term. Lee should be backed until the summer. It will get better. He's playing Brownhill at last. That should help. Bizarre foreign signings is worrying though. That's new at least. We never saw that. But losing games late on is all too familiar. 

FTR, no sense of pleasure here. Our club is going through some troubling times seemingly. But we expected as much. This division is ridiculously weighted towards money, just like the Prem. We are taking the piss being 10th. Obvious we'd lose our best players. Interesting month this one. 

4 minutes ago, #TeamsLikeBarnsley said:

There was never any bitterness or sour grapes. 99% of Barnsley fans were unmoved when he jumped ship. The only gripe was the lack of loyalty he showed. But, as I've said countless times on here, I don't blame him for going, it ticked many boxes for him. 

But you're right pal, so many Bristol City fans on here were mocking us, calling us bitter, telling us to suck it up, proclaiming LJ their God. Etc Etc. 

Sparse now aren't they?

I still suggest they get/stay behind him. He's going nowhere. And, he turned around our record equalling run of defeats. Absolutely no guarantee the new man will be any better long term. Lee should be backed until the summer. It will get better. He's playing Brownhill at last. That should help. Bizarre foreign signings is worrying though. That's new at least. We never saw that. But losing games late on is all too familiar. 

FTR, no sense of pleasure here. Our club is going through some troubling times seemingly. But we expected as much. This division is ridiculously weighted towards money, just like the Prem. We are taking the piss being 10th. Obvious we'd lose our best players. Interesting month this one. 

To be fair I don't think any of our foreign signings can be described as 'bizarre'. Both of the new ones are on the face of it exactly what we need, and Magnusson has been excellent.

No one seems to be able to work out the Engvall thing but hopefully one day we might find out what's going on!

Not convinced LJ has an awful lot to do with exactly who comes through the door though! He's just the man in charge of assembling the parts from what I can gather!

5 minutes ago, #TeamsLikeBarnsley said:

Sparse now aren't they?

Bizarre? They are an upgrade on what we have...

7 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Thing is, and I didn't particularly do cartwheels when he joined , but you tend to ignore other fans murmurings about new Bosses/players and hope this will work for you. I read how he had studied techniques from around the world and studied coaches and looked on the bright side. I saw the posts about long losing runs and thought he had learned from that.  Now we are where we are. There seems no end to this run, I said at 1-1 I couldn't see us winning again and LJ too looks devoid of ideas. You probably hear a big sigh of aaahhhh I see what they were on about now, but don't expect a pat on the back and a thanks any time soon :cool:

Which coach did he study - SOD?

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

By 'know it' you mean 'didn't like him as a player so wrote him off before you knew one way or the other' ? 

Or do you have access to a crystal ball?

17 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Would be believable if you weren't so blinkered by your fallen idol...

As I posted on here, 7 February 2016, the day after LJ was appointed (plus similar comments thereafter):

But...... organisations and in particular sporting teams need a leader.... is LJ a leader. No I don't think so......

I can't see this ending well....for us or LJ, other than his bank balance....

It's not about having idols, I'm a bit old for that. It's about seeing what was blindingly obvious and frustration at the ineptitude (my view of course) above manager level. Missed opportunity, had my "idol" been backed, to be replaced with a mess, again.

Just now, NickJ said:

As I posted on here, 7 February 2016, the day after LJ was appointed (plus similar comments thereafter):

But...... organisations and in particular sporting teams need a leader.... is LJ a leader. No I don't think so......

It's not about having idols, I'm a bit old for that. It's about seeing what was blindingly obvious and frustration at the ineptitude (my view of course) above manager level. Missed opportunity, had my "idol" been backed, to be replaced with a mess, again.

So whos fault for the mess we were in last season? We were bottom, the GD was hideous and the run was abysmal over a longer period of time. Who picked the team? The tactics? If you're gonna blame LJ for this then SC is not exempt either

20 minutes ago, NickJ said:

My point was you didn't 'know' shit. You just had a personal preconception that just happened to be right. But you only know that with hindsight. 

It had nothing to do with knowledge. 

8 hours ago, Rascal said:

Has the Barnsley message board been shut down? 

Archived