IGNORED

Yes, another LJ thread

Murraysrightplum

How much would it cost to pay off his contract?

I imagine several million, plus the cost of another manager's wages for, say 3 years, and possibly paying off the club that new manager works for (assuming he's in a job). I'd guess somewhere between 3 and 6 million quid (guesstimate).

Let's assume the worst, £6m. What if Instead of sacking him SL spent that £6m on a top championship player (or two). Which scenario would you prefer? (New manager and the same squad or same manager with a couple of quality signings)

Dont phone, it's just for fun

Just now, Murraysrightplum said:

How long's his contract though?

It doesn't matter - there will be clauses in his contract giving him a set compensation if he's let go, same if he gets us relegated, promoted etc... he would get that amount of money and maybe 3 - 6 months wages... 

1 minute ago, Murraysrightplum said:

How long's his contract though? At 10k a week, that's over half a million a year

Isn't it a 3 year contract now..? and I doubt they get fully paid up if they get sacked. 

So maybe a million tops..? 

Ahain, I have no actual idea what actually happens in those circumstances. 

I think people are over emphasising the extension. I doubt very much we'd have to pay him off for the duration of that if we got rid of him. I'd like to think we're astute enough to put clauses in that mean we'd only pay any manager off for a set period.

There's absolutely no way we'd have to pay him anywhere close to £6m even if we did have to pay the remainder of his contract off.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think people are over emphasising the extension. I doubt very much we'd have to pay him off for the duration of that if we got rid of him. I'd like to think we're astute enough to put clauses in that mean we'd only pay any manager off for a set period.

There's absolutely no way we'd have to pay him anywhere close to £6m even if we did have to pay the remainder of his contract off.

That figure is including paying off a club for their manager plus their wages/signing on fee

Edit: it's not really a fair comparison as I've included a new manager's wages but not the new player's wages, but hey

I would bring in an experience manager to work along side LJ, show him the guide lines. The experience manager select the team and formation. If LJ does not like it he can always walk!

Kick up the backside for him, but could help. Just a thought!

2 minutes ago, Red said:

I would bring in an experience manager to work along side LJ, show him the guide lines. The experience manager select the team and formation. If LJ does not like it he can always walk!

Benny and John Ward ......... I'll just leave that here ;)

Just now, Strawberry2157. said:

How much will relegation cost in a 27,000 seat stadium? How much is this form already costing us? 19k yesterday v Cardiff... The place should have been full.

Sounds like a different thread.

Seriously no one wants to hypothetically choose between 3-6 million on players or a new manager? OTIB, you've changed

16 minutes ago, Red said:

Said this yesterday, he needs to go and be a Keith millen somewhere for some time. 

They didn't pay off SC still pay him monthly. Did the same with SOD and Mcinnes. This way they hope they will get another job and then we let them leave.

Saves money long term. Just imagine they paid off LJ £500,000 then a week later he takes over at Coventry (example) if they just put him on gardening leave they would only have to pay his monthly wage.

Archived