IGNORED

Could Johnson maybe have lost the dressing room?

We live in hope

I have reposted this under more appropriate title I hope this is ok.

Football is and always has been corporate but not in the dressing room. The top 10 teams in the championship are now the equivalent of the bottom halve of the premiership! Can City really expect to get somewhere in this league with the majority of the signings from clubs like Oxford United and other signings from the lower leagues! Really!

Football players are men and they require leaders, they require belief that the person telling them what to do knows what their talking about and has a confidence based on proven experience! Yes we know good business arrives from selling players like Southampton have done over the years. However this team needs half a dozen seasoned professionals in the prime of their careers who can play in the Championship and are proven to do so! (but this does not fit the recruiting policy ;-)  At this rate and on current form we are going to be relegated! and if its bad now it will be a whole lot worse for you Mr Ashton as you have backed Johnson,  this is failing and you might just go down with him! If I was the owner I would be starting to think it really was a big gamble putting such an inexperienced manager in place!  Ashton has much more influence than people think regarding players in my humble opinion..

Johnson was recruited because he was an inexperienced manager who would not challenge the authority of the those pulling the strings.The board made a statement that they were setting the club up in a manner that if the manager left or was changed then little impact would be felt. This can not be achieved by giving the manager more responsibility now can it?

Cotterill I believe was too strong a character for Ashton. He understood the calibre of player that was required to turn a long season into success in the championship, however he did not agree with recruiting policy mandate as no doubt he had ambitions to be successful as a manager in this league, and he was aware he did not have the men on the pitch to do it. Cotterill played entertaining football that required goals to be scored in order to counter the goals we would inevitably concede hence the sort of strikers he went after. I wish he had 38 plus signings like LJ has had! Lets be honest, yes we took some loses by 4 goals but I genuinely believe if we would have had a couple of quality strikers along side our old asset now at Villa then things would of worked better than where we are now. Johnson just does not command the respect of the players its a simple as that! The board will not change this!

Once players have doubt in the dressing room its over for the manager, remember what happened to the mighty Mourinho at Chelsea!

The sad thing is we are now regarded as a bit of a laughing stock as the pundits on sky suggested we would capitulate and of course we did. Yet the three new signings to bolster the so called spine of the team changed little.. Yes they need time...However in my humble opinion the  tactics of LJ are not up to the job, clearly you can keep blaming luck and then expressing you see the light at the end of the tunnel but it does not wash anymore, we create our own luck! this football team has lost all confidence! Only a new manager with a seasoned back ground will turn these players into a winning team.

Maybe a coincidence... what appointment was made around the time we started on this bad run?

Yes LJ this might be your dream job in your Dream location but you are far from our dream manager!

If we were getting battered every week then I'd say yea maybe this is a possibility but we are losing to the odd goal, we are competing in every game, we are scoring goals and taking the lead. For 70 minutes I see a team given their all for their manager and club so I'm sorry I can't agree that he has lost the dressing room.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

If we were getting battered every week then I'd say yea maybe this is a possibility but we are losing to the odd goal, we are competing in every game, we are scoring goals and taking the lead. For 70 minutes I see a team given their all for their manager and club so I'm sorry I can't agree that he has lost the dressing room.

Perhaps, but IF what I heard about the 3, and by no means was I saying it was completely true, but just what I'd heard, then it won't be far away. Influential players will rub off their feelings onto others

5 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Perhaps, but IF what I heard about the 3, and by no means was I saying it was completely true, but just what I'd heard, then it won't be far away. Influential players will rub off their feelings onto others

So after 70 minutes our players are suddenly reminded of all the discontent in the camp and then decide to stop playing for the manager.

Bollocks,  absolutely bollocks.

Btw people like you can keep saying what they have 'heard' until they are Blue in the face, doesnt make it true.

What we have going on here is the illusion of truth effect. 

Take a read.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20161026-how-liars-create-the-illusion-of-truth

11 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Johnson himself said that we will find out if people can hack the pressure, ive got to say I'm pretty impressed with how LJ has handled the pressure. 

Didn't he say he now knows who can't handle the pressure after the Sheffield Wednseday game?

21 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

A football game is 90 mins plus, 70 wont cut it. Clearly there is a shortage of character and back bone among individuals and that's a reflection on the players and those that employed them...

9 minutes ago, cynic said:

What IF what you heard is bull shit ?

Either way, shit stirrers don't last too long at clubs - we've had our share during Tinnions days, although it took GJ to get rid of the wasters.

If infuential players are stirring it, then I am certain SL will have nothing to do with it as he's seen it all before and the damage it can to people and the club.

Well IF what I've heard is bullshit I'd apoligse to all concerned

16 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

So after 70 minutes our players are suddenly reminded of all the discontent in the camp and then decide to stop playing for the manager.

Btw people like you can keep saying what they have 'heard' until they are Blue in the face, doesnt make it true.

Take a read.

Then look at the body language of those around Johnson and you might learn something!

53 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Yes were not getting battered and only losing by the odd goal but we're still bloody losing week after week so something is patently wrong somewhere.Until someone comes out with proof that he has lost the dressing room it's only hearsay and proves jack shit.Manager,tactics and players better sort it soon or we will be relegated with one of the strongest squads I can remember.

1 hour ago, JasonM88 said:

Who cares, if a player (in this case supposedly Tomlin) mouthed off to LJ during a game then he should expect consequences as in benched... needs a good kick up the arse anyway, his performances have not even a 1/4 of what he produced even on an off day last season.

34 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

tHow come you've only signed up on here when things are going badly , just like a few others,. Soon disappear if things turn round no doubt. 

Well I thought It was time someone spoke some sense.. after all was it not SL idea to re-engage the old fan base... I was watching City in the 70's so fella really I'm entitled to join when I feel like of course if that is ok with you!

Just now, We live in hope said:

Well I thought It was time someone spoke some sense.. after all was it no SL idea to re-engage the old fan base... I was watching City in the 70's so fella really I'm entitled to join when I feel like of course if that is ok with you!

Ok cheers for that, let me know when start talking some sense rather than regurgitating the same old tripe. 

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I have , plenty and to be honest it's not a personal dig at you but there have been dozens signing up just to moan and start new threads on the same old stuff . It gets a bit tiresome . Why didn't you just contribute to one of the many LJ threads instead of starting another one. 

To be fair fella I'm knew to this and wasn't sure how to navigate my way around the site. When I was at School I sat O'levels that's how long ago that was ;-)

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Take a read.

I award you the 'happy clapper of the month award for January' with bell's on top ;)

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Take a read.

Keep burying your head in the sand and it will all go away

Archived