IGNORED

Tammy Abraham

miketh2nd

1 hour ago, miketh2nd said:

Just wondering if having the brilliant Tammy has masked how we have been playing this season?  I know football is a game of luck but imagine where we would be without his 18 goals?! 

Could say the same about last season and Kodjia's goals.

21 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Could say the same about last season and Kodjia's goals.

Yes very good point,  if anything I think Kodjia goals meant more as some of his goals were made by himself rather then say Tammys poaching style (not saying this is a bad thing).  

Could it not be said about any striker? Where would Leicester have been without Vardy's goals? Chelsea without Costa's?

I do agree with your point though. 18 goals in a full debut season for any striker is fantastic. He has the skills to run rampage in this league, even in our stuttering side. 

A shining light in a ever dimming season. Well done Tammy

7 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Could it not be said about any striker? Where would Leicester have been without Vardy's goals? Chelsea without Costa's?

I do agree with your point though. 18 goals in a full debut season for any striker is fantastic. He has the skills to run rampage in this league, even in our stuttering side. 

A shining light in a ever dimming season. Well done Tammy

How that that delightful  over head goal  didnt win the game,  such a shame.    

I feel for next seasons replacement when we are used to the delights of Kodjia and Tammy recently. 

Over the past few games we'd have worse goal difference...but we'd have the same points.

I often think it's odd to isolate a single player's contribution. Who knows what might have happened in his absence...who might have scored, cocked up, assisted etc? But to play along I looked up his record.  

Over the season he's actually only scored goals that have changed a league match result 4 times - against Burton (W), Rotherham (D), Forest (W) and Barnsley (D). So you could say he's contributed to 8 points.

We also might not have conceded against QPR when he lost the ball outbon the wing on the half way line, so maybe he lost us a point there.

So maybe...maybe...we'd be on 20 instead of 27...and be 23rd.

55 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Take out TA goals and our starting 11 on Saturday had in total scored 4 goals between them this season!  

Whilst that sounds like a worrying statistic, three of those players are new and one is a goalkeeper. 

Agree with the overall point though, we have to spread goals better.

He's helped in a major way sure, and for sure we would be worse off both in terms of points and what will probably be crucial, Goal Difference!

However, assists. Just as important as goals, both lead to goals ultimately. Doesn't usually do it all himself, he may develop this side of game as he gets older and progresses- but to me goal and assist basically the same importance.

12 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Good point, I meant in the Championship!

I know you did..! But be fair, if you discounted the 2 first choice strikers from every other club, plus 2 other regular first team starters, what would their starting line ups have scored..?

Granted, probably more than ours on Saturday, but probably not quite looking as bad as your post made it sound, by comparison. 

Archived