IGNORED

Fair play to the Chinese league....

formerly known as ivan

6 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Did you see the program on Joe Hart? Big credit to him for moving rather than just sitting on a bench and picking up a pay check like some players may have done. He gets some stick but hes certainly got the right attitude you'd want in a player.

I dont understand why English players dont want to go abroad anyway, the weather's nicer at least! I imagine some of it is money and exposure, players abroad tend to get forgotten about.

Unfortunately the reason being it is rammed down our youngsters throats right from the age that they can understand that the Premier League is the be all and end all. Nothing else exists. I find it strange and bordering on madness that we only have 1 Englishman in a top league abroad. It would without doubt benefit our national team if we had players playing on the continent. 

17 hours ago, bris red said:

Unfortunately the reason being it is rammed down our youngsters throats right from the age that they can understand that the Premier League is the be all and end all. Nothing else exists. I find it strange and bordering on madness that we only have 1 Englishman in a top league abroad. It would without doubt benefit our national team if we had players playing on the continent. 

I agree completely.

22 hours ago, bris red said:

But it's the same old chestnut. Most of our players can barely command English. Throw a foreign language in and they'll be in trouble. 

The only time they try to integrate is when they're asking a Spanish waiter in Fuengirola if they do a full English. 

On 17/01/2017 at 19:43, formerly known as ivan said:

I know a lot has been made about the silly spending going on over their but they have now put a limit on fielding three overseas players from next season.

Really believe this is something that would benefit our leagues over here but the bosses don't have the balls to do it given the money involved!

Agreed when the Italian league was the best In the world in early 90's they had a three foreign player cap and I used to love watching gazetta

klinsmann brehme and matthaus at inter

gullit van basted and rijkaard at ac

gazza, doll and boksic at lazio

Archived