IGNORED

Barnsley out

Luxo Jr.

9 hours ago, Luxo Jr. said:

For all those that say "It's Fleetwood, of course we should have beaten them" - Barnsley just lost to Blackpool, now in League 2.

A win is a win, no matter who's in front of you.

Yes but it was only 1 nil. Surely we should be beating Fleetwood at least 20 nil or 25!

14 hours ago, cynic said:

It'll fall on deaf ears mate.

Didn't you know - LJ is Nosferatu and SL is his boss.

To be perfectly honest, if we Lose to forest on Saturday have we really achieved anything mate? I'm not saying I wanted us to lose at all and I'm pleased we won, but if we lose to forest then LJ is still going to be taking shots on here (not by me I must add). 

1 hour ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

You just be putting out the 'for sale' sign, I am sure we would have more bids for our players if we let it be known that they are for sale. Where is the money you are making from transfers going?

Not at all we can't afford to sell, we don't want to sell, we've got a paper thin squad to start with. But I'm absolutely 100% certain our players are being tapped up. 

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I'm sure you will have others lined up Rascal , players come and go .

As soon as we enquirer about players, their clubs are leaking it which means other clubs are taking interest due to fact we've found a fair few diamonds recently, so we're struggling to get deals over the line at prices we have budgeted for . 

49 minutes ago, Rascal said:

As soon as we enquirer about players, their clubs are leaking it which means other clubs are taking interest due to fact we've found a fair few diamonds recently, so we're struggling to get deals over the line at prices we have budgeted for . 

We know the frustrations, unfortunately we're used because of our big money bids last season (Gray/Gayle 6/7m each). Clubs use us as advertising for their players, at least your clubs getting used due to your good scouting!

50 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Chances are that it was all just agent talk in the first place then. 

5 hours ago, Rascal said:

If we've got any players left, we've had bids for 5 of our players apparently. 

Sell them all!

Please take the money and go down.

At least you'll be a much richer club in Division One, which should help you go up again.

Oh Yeh, and it also will help us to avoid the dreaded drop.

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

We've suffered that and continue to be used by agents when we have absolutely no interest in the players quoted.

Our recruitment team have recently stepped up to the plate and have ' stealth ' signed most of our additions.

We are lucky to get most of them signed up before anyone's aware .

13 hours ago, Rascal said:

If we've got any players left, we've had bids for 5 of our players apparently. 

Not trying to be clever, but do you think to some extent you (Barnsley) got through the summer window with your squad in tact, got the Stones money, the Mawson money and thought that you might get the likes of Winnall, Hourihane etc to sign new contracts?  Just wondering.

Had you not done quite as well this season, might a few have gone under the radar and been less likely to have had their heads turned.

We offered them contracts in the summer, and they knocked them back saying they want to keep their options open, even though we received no official bids in the summer, I honestly believe they'd been tapped up by a few clubs with the promise of big money if they proved they could cut it at this level. I think anyone who watched our team regularly last season knew that we would pull up some trees this season despite the step up, it was obvious to us all, agents, players, staff, board members, and fans. So we was always going to struggle to compete when it came to offering new contracts we knew this but it still stings a little. Ultimately we're suffering from our own success but at least we've had a little success at long last. 

2 hours ago, Redtucks said:

It's happened to us several times this season.

Not so sure we have battered anyone this season and lost but we have in many games had majority of possession and passed it round nicely sideways , back and forth but never any penetrating or through balls for players to run onto. It seems a lot of the time we are trying to walk the ball in and when we do shoot its very rarely on target or forces the keeper to make a save or be tested at all. Similar to that Man City game last weekend , they had 70% possession but got beat 4-0 by Everton.

21 hours ago, Turbored said:

Not so sure we have battered anyone this season and lost but we have in many games had majority of possession and passed it round nicely sideways , back and forth but never any penetrating or through balls for players to run onto. It seems a lot of the time we are trying to walk the ball in and when we do shoot its very rarely on target or forces the keeper to make a save or be tested at all. Similar to that Man City game last weekend , they had 70% possession but got beat 4-0 by Everton.

I don't disagree with you, but there have been several games where possession, shots, corners etc. have been so much in our favour that we should surely have won.

For instance:

Rotherham (a): 75% possession, 35 shots to 10, 11 corners to 5. Drew 2-2

Newcastle(h): 57% possession, 17 shots to 8, 6 corners to 3. Lost 1-0

Derby (h): 61% possession, 17 shots to 11. Drew 1-1

Reading (a): only 48% possession, but 26 shots to 13, 6 corners to 3. Lost 2-1

:dunno:

49 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

I don't disagree with you, but there have been several games where possession, shots, corners etc. have been so much in our favour that we should surely have won.

For instance:

Rotherham (a): 75% possession, 35 shots to 10, 11 corners to 5. Drew 2-2

Newcastle(h): 57% possession, 17 shots to 8, 6 corners to 3. Lost 1-0

Derby (h): 61% possession, 17 shots to 11. Drew 1-1

Reading (a): only 48% possession, but 26 shots to 13, 6 corners to 3. Lost 2-1

:dunno:

Are we working the keeper with those shots though or is it just a coincidence that keepers always play a blinder when we play them..

2 minutes ago, Turbored said:

Are we working the keeper with those shots though or is it just a coincidence that keepers always play a blinder when we play them..

A bit of both I think!

We don't seem to work keepers enough, but when we do, they seem to have their best game against us.

On a similar note, referees also seem to have their worst games against us!!!

(or maybe I'm just biased. I'm sure I'm not!!!)

:innocent06:

1 hour ago, Redtucks said:

A bit of both I think!

We don't seem to work keepers enough, but when we do, they seem to have their best game against us.

On a similar note, referees also seem to have their worst games against us!!!

(or maybe I'm just biased. I'm sure I'm not!!!)

:innocent06:

Your certainly not biased about them Refs , they definetly having howlers up at the gate , must be something about our lovely west country air..

Archived