IGNORED

How much time does LJ have now?

formerly known as ivan

With many people saying that defeat tonight and on Saturday would see the end of LJ (we have obviously don't know that to be true...) where do people see his position after tonight?

Could it still be the end should we lose to forest on Saturday? Or had he given himself a bit more time with this victory?

Should a cup game even come into it given the dire league form?

Personally think he has 5 league games . He needs 9 points from Cardiff, Forest, Villa, Weds and Rotherham and he has just lost one of the them. The board wont want us to get in the relegation zone as it is very hard to pull away....Forest is a massive game... I hope LJ gets the points on the board. He has the resources....

5 minutes ago, arrytheb said:

Why do we have to keep talking about a person being sacked from their job.......... 

Perhaps because he manages our football club and many of us believe he should be replaced.

No room for sentiment when it comes to football management, as LJ showed himself when he upped sticks from Oldham and Barnsley.

Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

Perhaps because he manages our football club and many of us believe he should be replaced.

No room for sentiment when it comes to football management, as LJ showed himself when he upped sticks from Oldham and Barnsley.

I reckon some of these fanboys are on happy pills.

Needs at very least 4/5 points out of Forest, SheffW and Rotherham before we have Villa, Leeds and Derby all Away on the bounce.

I know we have not been great but i believe we need to stick with Johnson we will be alright in the end and there is not 1 Home game remaining that i feel is not winnable.

5 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Many of us as in on this forum? 

Not sure exactly what you mean EP, but getting 5 two letter words in to a sentence consecutively is good going. :thumbsup:

If it means what I think it means, then on the forum, at the ground, in the pubs, on facebook, take your choice.

Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not sure exactly what you mean EP, but getting 5 two letter words in to a sentence consecutively is good going. :thumbsup:

If it means what I think it means, then on the forum, at the ground, in the pubs, on facebook, take your choice.

Doesn't strike me that the majority want him to be replaced, only here and maybe some looney group on Facebook... I'd say it's evenly split everywhere else

5 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Doesn't strike me that the majority want him to be replaced, only here and maybe some looney group on Facebook... I'd say it's evenly split everywhere else

It's the same on other City forums and phone ins.

I don't expect the true picture is told by the OTIB poll (8 out of 10 would like him sacked) but I'd imagine it's well over 60%, and probably there are many other fans who yearn for stability but wouldn't exactly be upset if SL pulled the plug.

Forums, polls and phone ins may not give a 100% accurate portrayal, but they give a pretty good impression, and is there a better way to guage the feelings of the masses?

My impression is the number solidly behind LJ and actively hoping he'll stay is not very high at all.

Either that or they're mostly keeping their opinions to themselves.

5 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

My impression is the number solidly behind LJ and actively hoping he'll stay is not very high at all.

So everyone hopes we lose the next couple of games? Because that's the only way he will be dismissed. 

I would hope 100% of our fanbase would like him to stay as that will mean a turnaround in fortunes.

6 hours ago, jtc1 said:

Needs at very least 4/5 points out of Forest, SheffW and Rotherham before we have Villa, Leeds and Derby all Away on the bounce.

I know we have not been great but i believe we need to stick with Johnson we will be alright in the end and there is not 1 Home game remaining that i feel is not winnable.

Could've said the same about some of the home games we've lost recently though.

I think what his tenure has proved to me is that he was and remains out of his depth. It is what I thought on his appointment, I wobbled a bit in that view when he started doing well, but he has well and truly cemented it now. Then I read what Olé and others have written about the first few games being somewhat fortuitous victories and it just backs all of that up. Nice bloke but currently out of his depth made worse by a seemingly poor choice in recruiting Dean Holden. That may prove otherwise I suppose.

Do I think he has the capacity to take us to the Premiership anytime soon? No. Do I think he will learn it with us? Quite possibly. Let us hope he learns fast on the job. He has all of the tools. He has to be probably the luckiest manager anywhere in the land right now. I hope he repays that faith and very soon or it is going to continue to be an agonising season if SL continues to back him.

7 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

With many people saying that defeat tonight and on Saturday would see the end of LJ (we have obviously don't know that to be true...) where do people see his position after tonight?

Could it still be the end should we lose to forest on Saturday? Or had he given himself a bit more time with this victory?

Should a cup game even come into it given the dire league form?

give it a ******* rest.....

Hope we stick by him, personally. We sack him then we'll have a temporary up turn in results, before sinking back to being Championship strugglers - which seems to be our default setting.

Think it's time we saw through that spell with a manager and see if he can change that natural position. He said he needs three transfer windows, so let's give him three - if we're still not performing by October next year, fair enough, but I bet we will be. Currently he's had one and a half and just a year in charge. 

I trust Lee and Mark to turn this around, and will give my vocal support each week to help them. I think whilst times are rocky, those that seem to prefer we lose to heap more pressure on can also do their bit and stay away. 

Come on you Reds!!

33 minutes ago, Rob k said:

When will people realise he's not getting sacked, LJ is their long term man, if he was going to get fired it would already of happened 

Ashton or SL need to come out and publicly back the bloke as it's clear that's what they are doing.

I agree they need to come out and say something. Do they expect fans to just blindly continue attending matches despite the appalling recent run? At the very least they should consider lowering the ticket prices. 

Where I sit in the Dolman it certainly seems that most believe LJ should go. Admittedly some may not and may just be keeping quiet. However I haven't heard anyone say they think he can turn this around. Cup games are irrelevant really - we need to start getting points in the league. We have lost games that looked easier, on paper, than those coming up over the next few weeks.

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

When will people realise he's not getting sacked, LJ is their long term man, if he was going to get fired it would already of happened 

Ashton or SL need to come out and publicly back the bloke as it's clear that's what they are doing.

But that would be just seen as the dreaded vote of confidence by some! I think they have no intention of sacking him as you say and are supporting him behind the scenes and just allowing him to get on with the job, hopefully letting the results do the talking starting with last night.

29 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I agree they need to come out and say something. Do they expect fans to just blindly continue attending matches despite the appalling recent run? At the very least they should consider lowering the ticket prices. 

Lowering ticket prices now would just be an insult to Season Ticket holders who paid out in advance almost a year ago. There no guarantee what football you will get, that's too true. But why should people who couldn't/wouldn't buy then get discounts now as results aren't going well. Anyway, how many new fans are going to be attracted to a failing club?

Archived