IGNORED

Go Wes...

WhistleHappy

Well , I'm sorry it didn't work out so well at Aberdeen as I guessed this would be his last move as a loanee before either making it to the first team or leaving BCFC.

I really hope he does well in his new career at a new club. He had some genuinely great moments at City albeit too few for whatever reasons.

Good bloke, very professional and desperately wanted to wear the shirt all of which is not as common in our squad as we would all hope.

1 hour ago, Murraysrightplum said:

We could ask his old man on OTIB, oh wait loads of people told him his son was shit and he doesn't post anymore 

Occupational hazard I'm afraid, many different opinions on a forum and many different characters. Wouldn't surprise me if certain individuals gave Wes stick just to wind his old man up.

If he's got any sense, he won't post on the forum of Wes' new club.

Came across as a nice enough guy, but I can't believe it will help Wes in the long run.

Would like to wish him and his Dad all the best though.

@djb6162 asked me to pass this on to all on the forum

'he will desperately miss the fans and all the players so much it's been 6 years of his life 

sure he will send a message but if you could thank everyone on the forum for their patience and general support for Wes and tell them that given more chance to play he would desperate loved to stay 

but such is life '

Can't help but want Wes to do extremely well , both for him & his proud Dad  :fingerscrossed:

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Occupational hazard I'm afraid, many different opinions on a forum and many different characters. Wouldn't surprise me if certain individuals gave Wes stick just to wind his old man up.

If he's got any sense, he won't post on the forum of Wes' new club.

Came across as a nice enough guy, but I can't believe it will help Wes in the long run.

Would like to wish him and his Dad all the best though.

Aye, your right.  Personally, I'd like him to continue posting on here, he could update us with how Wes is finding things, etc.

Once you sample the fine offerings of OTIB (except a couple of wums & idiots), why would you ever go to another footie forum?

Couple of great Wes moments - when he skinned the Watford fullback with electric pace and set JET up for an equaliser in the cup, and that late, late winner v Chesterfield in our promotion season. A fine team move and goal and great finish from Wes. Magic.

Just not enough of those moments, I suppose. Best of luck to Wes and his old man up north!

51 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Pretty poor player, got an easier ride for being home grown

Did He Frock as like ? I would say if he had been signed from Fleetwood ,For example , he would have had more chances at centre forward, as Good old Wes from the Academy he has been shunted about and loaned out without ever having a run in the team .

I am not his coach our a pro in the game but I still feel that the lad has a good future in the game .There is his pace for starters , an asset that can't be coached.

37 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

Sizeable undisclosed fee according to Fleetwood, wonder how much? This is the sort of transfer I hope we put a sell on clause on 

I hope we have a buy-back clause also.

Good luck Wes.

1 hour ago, Lucan said:

City would never have signed a teenager with his lack of pedigree, it's a moot point

he was loaned out because he isn't good enough.  Pace is ten a penny in the lower leagues.

If Wes ever makes it as a solid championship playe, I would be hugely suprised

COD?

Hope he does well at Fleetwood. I always thought he could have been a good option as RWB. Great pace we know, but good tackler too.

Anyone good luck to him, and yes hope we did include a sell-on clause in case he does go onto better things in the future.

Let's hope we are not seeing him twice in league one matches next season!

2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Hope he does well at Fleetwood. I always thought he could have been a good option as RWB. Great pace we know, but good tackler too.

Anyone good luck to him, and yes hope we did include a sell-on clause in case he does go onto better things in the future.

Let's hope we are not seeing him twice in league one matches next season!

Fleetwood are in a play-off position.

You never know, Wes might just be the new goalscoring talent they need to get promoted so that we do, indeed, see him twice next season - cue comments about City getting relegated ;).

LJ - "Excuse me, Mr Rosler, can I have a word in your shell-like?

UR - "Yes of course, what do you want? It is nearly time for kick off and need to address my team"

LJ " A win please, I'm begging you, oh and a clean sheet if at all possible?"

UR "It will come at a cost little man, and get of your knees, do not beg its very demeaning"

LJ "I'm not on my on my knees! Yes, anything...name it?"

UR "Wes Burn's and a packet of Quavers?"

LJ "Done!!"

On a serious note, best of luck to Wes, he seems a nice lad and it was a pity we had to let him go but I'm sure he will thrive in league 1. He is a player who needs the game time and they have a tidy stadium, fans like him so hope it all works out for him.

15 hours ago, Lucan said:

City would never have signed a teenager with his lack of pedigree, it's a moot point

he was loaned out because he isn't good enough.  Pace is ten a penny in the lower leagues.

If Wes ever makes it as a solid championship playe, I would be hugely suprised

Someone like O'Dowda would never be signed by City ? 

Archived