IGNORED

Breathe Again

BigTone

He's trying to take the pressure off the players and put it on to himself. Good management skill. The players still know they're under pressure.
It's just a soundbite in an unimportant interview. Admittedly he could have worded it a bit better.

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

So we beat Fleetwood in the cup and our Manager says "we can now breathe again" ......................... FFS is he for real ?

Come on Tone. Everyone knows we've turned the corner and are going to kick on in style and make the play-offs. Right?

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

He said he believes we won't go down. I don't see a problem in anything he said. He's honest about his squad and how capable they are. Don't see the problem 

Imagine if he had said,I think we will go down.

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

He said he believes we won't go down. I don't see a problem in anything he said. He's honest about his squad and how capable they are. Don't see the problem 

I agree. But on current alarming form. As a supporter you have to read that statement twice. And just for the record. I want him to succeed. No doubt.IMO . Saying that I want everyone to succeed at Bristol city 

8 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I agree. But on current alarming form. As a supporter you have to read that statement twice. And just for the record. I want him to succeed. No doubt.IMO . Saying that I want everyone to succeed at Bristol city 

He wants to succeed as much as anyone on here. Just didn't see the need for the thread to be honest. Whether LJ is capable or not I'll leave for debate but everything he says or does is with the clubs best interests at heart. 

51 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Come on Tone. Everyone knows we've turned the corner and are going to kick on in style and make the play-offs. Right?

Wrong. Not only will we make the play offs but we will also thrash Burnley in the 4th round, take out Leeds at home in the 5th, away to Spurs in the 6th with a win on penalties (one taken by Magners that's a total beauty) and we finally went out to Man U at home in the semis.

Just now, Septic Peg said:

Wrong. Not only will we make the play offs but we will also thrash Burnley in the 4th round, take out Leeds at home in the 5th, away to Spurs in the 6th with a win on penalties (one taken by Magners that's a total beauty) and we finally went out to Man U at home in the semis.

How does a home tie in the semi final work at Wembley? We get drawn first? ;)

26 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

He'd be criticised whatever he'd said. 

I have supported Johnson all the way until the past couple of weeks where my patience has run very thin. He really needs to knuckle down and keep the stupid comments to himself. Maybe after we beat Forest tomorrow "we can breathe again" because quite simply it is the league that is important right now. 

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

I have supported Johnson all the way until the past couple of weeks where my patience has run very thin. He really needs to knuckle down and keep the stupid comments to himself. Maybe after we beat Forest tomorrow "we can breathe again" because quite simply it is the league that is important right now. 

He's trying to take the pressure off the players. Or are you too blinkered to see that?

Prefer the jovial Tone if I'm honest.

We needed to win a game of football, any game of football to remember what winning was like. 

Psychology is a funny thing, success breeds confidence and confidence is massive.

Yes you can say it was 'only Fleetwood' but LJ coming out now and saying things like 'we can breathe again' and 'we won't go down' just adds to the positives and confidence which is what we need right now, Lord knows we've had enough of the negatives! 

9 hours ago, KingLear said:

We needed to win a game of football, any game of football to remember what winning was like. 

Psychology is a funny thing, success breeds confidence and confidence is massive.

Yes you can say it was 'only Fleetwood' but LJ coming out now and saying things like 'we can breathe again' and 'we won't go down' just adds to the positives and confidence which is what we need right now, Lord knows we've had enough of the negatives! 

11 hours ago, KingLear said:

Apparently it seems I am blinkered and nitpicking. I never said it was "only" Fleetwood. My point is very simply that it was a cup game that does nothing to stave off the threat of relegation. To say we can breathe again is in my mind daft as it does not instil a mind-set of realising the shite we are in. The Cup is one thing but the league is something completely different.

Whilst many of you may disagree this is my opinion only. 

8 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Apparently it seems I am blinkered and nitpicking. I never said it was "only" Fleetwood. My point is very simply that it was a cup game that does nothing to stave off the threat of relegation. To say we can breathe again is in my mind daft as it does not instil a mind-set of realising the shite we are in. The Cup is one thing but the league is something completely different.

Small steps Tone! No-one said you couldn't have an opinion. But no one said it was mandatory for me to agree either old fruit. ;)

Just now, Pheasant plucker said:

Small steps Tone! No-one said you couldn't have an opinion. But no one said it was mandatory for me to agree either old fruit. ;)

Of course not and with much respect you are entitled to yours.

48 minutes ago, BigTone said:

It wasn't a reply to you directly Tone, more of a generalisation of what I have read over the last few days. Don't get me wrong one cup win isn't going to paper over the cracks of our league form and I agree with you on that, I just feel it would have been a massive monkey off everyone's backs, players and management included to get back to winning ways again and that it will hopefully inspire an upturn in form in what is obviously the more important league games.

53 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I would say while its 'only the cup', its still a competitive game and does release the pressure valve by winning, hopefully installs some confidence into the players going into this game against a total basket case of a club. Winning breeds confidence. So I'd say its not daft at all

30 minutes ago, KingLear said:

It wasn't a reply to you directly Tone, more of a generalisation of what I have read over the last few days. Don't get me wrong one cup win isn't going to paper over the cracks of our league form and I agree with you on that, I just feel it would have been a massive monkey off everyone's backs, players and management included to get back to winning ways again and that it will hopefully inspire an upturn in form in what is obviously the more important league games.

Here's hoping

25 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

I would say while its 'only the cup', its still a competitive game and does release the pressure valve by winning, hopefully installs some confidence into the players going into this game against a total basket case of a club. Winning breeds confidence. So I'd say its not daft at all

Ditto

Archived