IGNORED

It's Catching

Davefevs

Been to the Bristol Flyers basketball (v Plymouth Raiders) tonight.

20 points up at in the 3rd quarter, 6 points up with about 20 seconds on the clock with Plymouth in possession.  Plymouth swish a 3 pointer, with 7 seconds left, we contrive to lose possession (although it was a foul - shocking ref - all 3 of them) and they equalise with another 3 pointer.

Into overtime and we lose.  Flyers had won 6 on the spin up until then

Cracking match though....in front of a full house.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Been to the Bristol Flyers basketball (v Plymouth Raiders) tonight.

20 points up at in the 3rd quarter, 6 points up with about 20 seconds on the clock with Plymouth in possession.  Plymouth swish a 3 pointer, with 7 seconds left, we contrive to lose possession (although it was a foul - shocking ref - all 3 of them) and they equalise with another 3 pointer.

Into overtime and we lose.  Flyers had won 6 on the spin up until then

Cracking match though....in front of a full house.

How many is a full house?

Fair play, it sounds like the Flyers have bought into some of City's philosophy and have started to throw games away late doors. 

On a serious note though, what was the atmosphere like? Would you go again? It's a shame they play so far away from BS3, maybe there's plans to bring them closer to "home"? 

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

Fair play, it sounds like the Flyers have bought into some of City's philosophy and have started to throw games away late doors. 

On a serious note though, what was the atmosphere like? Would you go again? It's a shame they play so far away from BS3, maybe there's plans to bring them closer to "home"? 

No actual evidence but I think when we buy Wickes we're going to build an arena which'll be the Flyers home ground. (Hopefully)

3 minutes ago, Griffin said:

No actual evidence but I think when we buy Wickes we're going to build an arena which'll be the Flyers home ground. (Hopefully)

I've heard similar Griff, tbf. As well as a hotel etc - which would make sense with the amount of conferences etc at AG nowadays. 

24 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Atmosphere was great, you get the usual music in the background, and the mwah, mwah, mwahhhhh sound when the opposition mess up which was funny.  Saw a few City fans there too.

We were courtside, couldn't have had a better seat.

When we arrived I had no idea where to go, but a Flyers official came over asked our name, and showed us to our seats. He mentioned that they'd changed the position of the wheelchairs so that they had a better view, and I really don't think we could've been positioned anywhere better, unless sat in the bench with the players.  See pic below.

One if the players came over, introduced himself to Joe and had a little chat.  Was a great first experience, and to answer your question....yes, will definitely be going back.

22 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Whilst that would make sense, the current site is much more convenient for me (selfishly)

20170120_202501239_iOS.jpg

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Atmosphere was great, you get the usual music in the background, and the mwah, mwah, mwahhhhh sound when the opposition mess up which was funny.  Saw a few City fans there too.

We were courtside, couldn't have had a better seat.

When we arrived I had no idea where to go, but a Flyers official came over asked our name, and showed us to our seats. He mentioned that they'd changed the position of the wheelchairs so that they had a better view, and I really don't think we could've been positioned anywhere better, unless sat in the bench with the players.  See pic below.

One if the players came over, introduced himself to Joe and had a little chat.  Was a great first experience, and to answer your question....yes, will definitely be going back.

Whilst that would make sense, the current site is much more convenient for me (selfishly)

20170120_202501239_iOS.jpg

That looks like my old school sports hall. Bit of a misnomer using the word Arena.

Archived